Dave Garwoods DH98 Mosquito Mk IV

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Dave Garwoods DH98 Mosquito Mk IV

Post by alan cottrill »

Hi.
I have recently downloaded and installed Dave Garwoods DH Mosquito Mk IV into my FSX acceleration , for some unknown reason the gps 295 does not work fully in my FSXA no matter which aircraft uses it , so i had to modify the panel.cfg to use the gps 500 , which ment resizing it as well , this was the only issue i had on installing .
The aircraft does not perform to the information i have found on the internet , so i have either found incorrect info or i am doing somthing wrong , cound Dave provide the performance data used so i and others can fly this wonderful aircraft correctly by the book .
kind regards Alan. B-)

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Dave Garwoods DH98 Mosquito Mk IV

Post by DaveG »

You expect me to remember what I did 10 years ago? :lol:
I honestly can't remember exactly where the data came from, probably the pilots notes, but it could have been anywhere. I'll have a look though the old info and see what I can find.
Dave G.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Would this be of any use??

http://zenoswarbirdvideos.com/Images/Mo ... Manual.pdf

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

Hi Nigel.
Tried the link nothing came up even on search , on SOH i noticed someone has posted some manuals for aircraft under CFS2 Mosquito mk 6 is shown but as of this time cannot find anything on Mosquito MK IV , that confirms its max hight/speed and at what weights or eng settings/clmb rate but can find conflicting info on hight and speed that suggests a max alt of 25k to 35k so confused at this time as to correct info.
regards Alan. B-)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Nigel.
Tried the link nothing came up even on search , on SOH i noticed someone has posted some manuals for aircraft under CFS2 Mosquito mk 6 is shown but as of this time cannot find anything on Mosquito MK IV , that confirms its max hight/speed and at what weights or eng settings/clmb rate but can find conflicting info on hight and speed that suggests a max alt of 25k to 35k so confused at this time as to correct info.
regards Alan. B-)
Strange, just tried the link now and went to the PDF File, may not show if you do not have PDF compatible software, If not then here is a link to Foxit Reader, highly recommend this one as if memory serves me right Ben advised me to use this as it is easy and quick to use.
https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/

Apologies if you already have it.

Think I have found it!! You will need to scroll down the page to Mosquito B. Mk. IV D.K.290/G. From the Aircraft and Armament Experimental Establishment Boscombe Down dated 20 May 1943.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/ ... quito.html

There are a number of different Mks of Mosquito listed all with technical notes regarding various settings, also you need to scroll down further for more info on the Mk 1V as it is listed further under different settings.

Regards
Nigel.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Nigel,
That website is giving me hours of reading material, thanks a lot.
Keith :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Keith, many thanks for your comment. Pleased that it has come in useful. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I'll add my thanks for the link as well. I had found that site yonks ago, but neglected to bookmark it. :doh:
Another useful site with plenty of manuals etc: https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/topics/technical.56/, although no Mosquito B.IV.
Dave G.

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

HI Nigel.
I used the info for the Mk4 Mosquito, and was able to climb at 800 fpm with 3000rpm at full fuel load but no bombs , aircraft reached 25k alt with power setting just below boost mark , that was a great help thankyou .
Regards Alan. B-)
Last edited by alan cottrill on 03 Aug 2022, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave, at least you now can bookmark it especially if planning to do one for MS2020 :excited:

Alan, pleased to have finally found that I have been able to help in some small way. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.