Our Queen has Passed Away

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Our Queen has Passed Away

Post by blanston12 »

I am quite sad at her passing, she was a great lady and great leader for Britain, the commonwealth and the world. we will not see her like again. Hope Charles can hold things together. God save the King.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

This is one of those momentous never to be forgotten occasions in our lifetimes. I’m not an ardent monarchist but it is difficult to imagine life in the UK without the understated presence of our Queen. Rest In Peace your Majesty.EricT :'(
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Tomliner wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 23:55
This is one of those momentous never to be forgotten occasions in our lifetimes. .....EricT :'(
I was four when her father passed and remember the 6 Feb, 1952 like it was yesterday. My mother had the wireless on as she liked to listen to "Mrs Dale's Diary" and "The Archers". At some point that morning came the announcement from Buckingham Palace that the King had passed. Queen Elizabeth began her long reign which would last until today. What can I say about her now, after all she certainly had a good innings. She reigned with dignity, compassion, humility and class with the strongest sense of duty. It was the second glorious Elizabethan Age. She is loved and respected throughout the UK, the Commonwealth and around the world - and yes even here in the Colonies!

Another day I will never forget. She will always be my queen in my heart. Rest in Peace your Majesty.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

This sad news has dominated the radio here since early this morning.
Never one to gobble up Royal news, I have however always admired her.
I think I'll remember Her as the last of the good ones.
R.I.P. your Majesty.
EDIT:
I've just checked the TV guide for ABC.
From 6am through to end of guide, non stop Queen Elizabeth II.
Last edited by Airspeed on 09 Sep 2022, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

The Battleship 'New Jersey' YouTube channel has posted a nice tribute to Queen Elizabeth. :RN:
https://youtu.be/jrDSRcqNDAU

Brian

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Yes very sad. I saw her many times when I was a PC on Royal 'A' Division in London. We covered the Royal Palaces. Yes a great loss and hope the new Royals measure up to the benchmark she has made.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

There is a masterly speech of tribute from Boris Johnson,who had his final audience with Her Majesty as Prime Minister only on Tuesday

https://twitter.com/i/status/1568209757441343488

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

FlyTexas wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 04:22
The Battleship 'New Jersey' YouTube channel has posted a nice tribute to Queen Elizabeth. :RN:
https://youtu.be/jrDSRcqNDAU

Brian
Thanks for posting this, mate. Ryan does a first-class job on behalf of USS New Jersey, and that is a fine tribute from across the pond. Top marks to him.

This comes via Dominique_K at Avsim, showing the ACARS message sent to an Easyjet aircraft while in flight:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've been rather moved by the tributes and outpouring of support and sympathy from across the pond this week. Last night, the Empire State Building was illuminated in purple and gold, in honour of Her Majesty. Over the past week, the New York Times has given the Queen's passing, and the King's accession, almost blanket coverage. Of course, today is a sad anniversary for that great city, and our American friends, and so we offer our thoughts and best wishes in return.

I was going to make this a separate thread, but I think it fits here.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Very fitting Paul. Thank you.
Dale
Image Image Image