MacRobertson Air Race Anniversary...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

MacRobertson Air Race Anniversary...

Post by JohnWillimas »

With the 88th anniversary of the England - Australia air race coming up next month, it's good to have a DH88 Comet in MSFS.

[img] https://cdn.flightsim.to/images/24/d-h- ... ize=medium [img]

Add on available at Flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/file/40076/d-h-88-comet

There's already a representation of Roscoe Turner's B247D, so all we need is a DC-2 and we'll have the top three finishers.
Sadly, Jim & Amy Mollison's plane (shown in the picture above) didn't make it past Allahabad in India.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: MacRobertson Air Race Anniversary...

Post by Dev One »

Not sure if it works in MSFS because made for FS9/2004, but I uploaded G-ACTM the Miles M3 Falcon prototype to the SOH Library complete with long range tank. I know it didn't get there in time because it took too long to send a replacement prop to India! But H L Brooks did create a record on his return trip.
Keith

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

And there's the Rapide of course. That made it in 14 days but sadly no ZH-ACO paint that I'm aware of....

Sadly I've not been able to make most old FS9/FSX aircraft work in MSFS since about sim update 2 and I'm definitely suffering Tiger Moth withdrawal symptons, although hopefully that will be back soon. :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've been trying out the DH.88 over the past couple of days. It shows a lot of promise. Start lowering the gear early though - it's hand cranked.

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

On a veering tangent, on November 12th it will be the 103rd Anniversary of the original England to Australia Air Race of 1919.

Then the prize was for the first Australian to reach Australia in a British aircraft. Of the six aircraft entered only one, a Vickers Vimy flown by Ross Smith, completed the route in the allotted 720 hours.

Many of the landing fields that were used in 1919 today no longer exist in sims or reality, this includes the departure point of Hounslow. I don't know if there is a Vimy after FSX either.

Now I'll duck out of the way of a passing Comet.