Autopilot problem

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Autopilot problem

Post by simondix »

Answer one No. Answer 2 AVG. Thanks for getting back.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Answer to one was yes it was offline.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Actually managed to do a whole flight today without it freezing. I have noticed it does every so often decide to wander off on its own when on autopilot. It was also done online. Flew over th Seven Bridges that did not look very realistic. Whether that was because my settings were too low.
Simon

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Glad you got some flight time in Simon. No the bridges aren't that well done I don't think.
Still think you problem stems from some control conflict. Maybe this causes the autopilot to wander off, and once the sim has had enough it hangs. Do you have to ctrl alt delete to crash out of the sim? Do you get any logs in event viewer, pointing to a module in flightsimulator when it stops working?
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

If someone can point me towards event viewer and I will have a look.
Simon

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

It's a Windows system exe Just click on the Windows open box and type in event viewer It will probably suggest the program before you finish typing. Just click on it to start it running.
This might explain better https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-ex ... an-use-it/
Dale
Image Image Image

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Event viewer won't tell you what the problem is. But it will give you an exact time stamp of when the module within the flightsim program (or flightsim.exe) faulted, and usually what the error code is. Google is your friend then. Type into Google "msfs and the error code" . Hopefully someone else has experienced the problem and posted a fix. Its worth a try.
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thank you
Simon