BEA Trident AI

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

BEA Trident AI

Post by paul26may »

I would like to create some traffic for BEA Tridents. Where do I start? I am familiar with AIFP but not sure what AI models to use.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: BEA Trident AI

Post by TSR2 »

Do you have the AI models Paul? I had them years ago, but can’t remember if they were FS9 or FSX. I may still have them on an old drive along with the flight plans.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

The AI models are at https://simviation.com//hjg/aircraft2/AI/TRIDENT_AI.htm these days.

John

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Hello Ben. I know Dave Maltby's are still available on Cal Classic but I don't know how to do that texture converter business. 8)
I've actually used his 'full blown' model and it does actually show up at EGLL and EGCC although I've never seen it arrive or depart. :lol: :lol:

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

I've downloaded them but haven't the foggiest with regards to installing because of the texture converter tool.

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

You don't HAVE to use the image converter - they will work fine unconverted but depending on your FS version they may hit frame rates a fraction. If you want to convert them another way, use the free DXTBMP software, load the textures one at a time into that, tick the Include Mipmaps when saving, and simply choose the Save As > Extended Bitmap > DXT3. It should remember all those settings so you don't have to re-select each time. Being a bit of a control freak (= sad git) I prefer to do the conversions that way.

John

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Thanks again John. I'll try that.