The Head of Lettue Wins!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: The Head of Lettue Wins!

Post by nigelb »

511Flyer wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 16:30
Is that meant to be Lettuce?

She wasn't a Little Gem was she?

:doh:
Yes, one day I will learn to proof read or fix the 'c' on my keyboard so I don't have to mash down it to get it to work. Lettuce forget this now! I do feel a bit sorry for Liz bagging the record for the shortest span as PM - beating out a bloke who left because he died in office.

Nigel²

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

A former colleague announced to the office that his Mum had just rang to say she had left half-a-dozen lettuce for him in his mailbox. Young Jason was a bit surprised, becos a standard OzPost mailbox would only hold one or two at most. But we soon worked out that it was a case of phonetic hearing, rather than spelling, and all was well :lol:
MikeW

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

nigelb wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 00:19
Yes, one day I will learn to proof read or fix the 'c' on my keyboard so I don't have to mash down it to get it to work. .......

Nigel²
[/quote]
Nigel,
May I suggest you pull the keyboard apart, (a dozen little Phillips head screws if that), give the floppy circuit sheets a wipe over, rattle the keys to get all the eyelashes and breadcrumbs out, then reassemble. It'll only take five minutes and will probably eliminate your problem ;)

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try when I am in a patient mood.

Nigel²

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

nigelb wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 00:04
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very puny chaps! Of course we have our own Problems in the Colonies. :OB:
Darth Traitor with highly sensitive classified documents at Mar-A-Lago. Still only a few Chinese spies wondering around T-Rump's beach club so no worries :(( right? :poke:

Nigel²
It's funny how that vulgar oaf comes up in conversation here. The death of the Queen led to the inevitable conversations about whether the monarchy has had its day, and we should do away with it. A friend from my seagoing days, though a republican by inclination, used Trump as an example of what can go wrong. Even with the chaos in Parliament at the moment, at least we don't have Trump, so all is not lost. As head of state, give me King Charles III, a man who has trained for the job all his life, is schooled in statesmanship and diplomacy - rather than a colossal f*ckwit like Trump.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

I think there is a lot to be said in favour of a non-political head of state. Certainly the late Queen was a huge asset to the UK. An American friend asked me if I thought the monarchy should be abolished. I told her "No, they are good for tourism." I was joking but there is certainly an element of truth in that statement.

Nigel²

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

nigelb wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 00:47
Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try when I am in a patient mood.

Nigel²
OK, if you have to wait until you accumulate patience, just turn the keyboard upside down and rap it several times against the ball of your palm, or on the desk top if it won't dent easily. This will clear the aforementioned eyelashes etc which lie under and between the keys. You will get a fair bit out, and may not need to split the case if the quick fix does it for you :cpu:

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Thanks again Mike. Yes, I already have done that fairly often and also used compressed air. I think I will have to do the surgery and just hope I don't loose the little screws or wind up with extra bits that I can't figure out where they came from! Murphy's law seems to apply more and more in my senior years. Oh, keyboards aren't that expensive so next visit to Micro Center, I will pick one up.

Nigel²