The Shed is coming…

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: The Shed is coming…

Post by TSR2 »

The Sherpa was the version with the tail hatch, the 330 didn’t have it by default at the start but like so many aircraft they were modified and tweeked over the years.

The move to standardise the “Sherpa” with the 360 front half and the 330 tail simplified production greatly.

If I remember rightly there were quite a few US airlines that used the 360 on commuter / feeder routes. Did USAir operate them Chris? I think Fedex operated a few too, and possibly 330’s, but not sure if this was just in Europe.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Correct, the 330 had rear baggage compartment back there;the sherpa models started off as 360-300 versions, they went US for conversion, where tail was cut off and a new build tail section incorporating a rear loading ramp grafted on.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

TSR2 wrote:
21 Oct 2022, 16:32
The Sherpa was the version with the tail hatch, the 330 didn’t have it by default at the start but like so many aircraft they were modified and tweeked over the years.
So, think we've got another case of "two peoples separated by one language". When I say "hatch", I literally mean "hatch", not the full ramp that the Sherpa had. The 330 (at least in the US) had a small baggage door that looked all the world for a flush-mounted hatch that you might find on a boat, so it got called a hatch instead of a baggage door.
The move to standardise the “Sherpa” with the 360 front half and the 330 tail simplified production greatly.
There really wasn't any "standardization" that I'm aware of. The C-23B+ and C-23C were separate models that were brought in to basically replace the original C-23As and C-23Bs, not to standardize anything, in classic US Military fashion. :)
If I remember rightly there were quite a few US airlines that used the 360 on commuter / feeder routes. Did USAir operate them Chris? I think Fedex operated a few too, and possibly 330’s, but not sure if this was just in Europe.
Yes, the 360 was used by several US commuter airlines flying under bigger banners. USAir Express, United Express, Eagle, and Delta Connection all saw 360s in their liveries. Tracing the full lineage is pretty difficult at times because several mergers happened while they were in service.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Can anyone identify the airline on the 360 which my best friend and I are on the steps of? I Just can't remember it. Taken at Newtownards in 1987.
360_newtownards.jpg
360_newtownards.jpg (67.9 KiB) Viewed 433 times

ImageImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Okada Air of Nigeria

probably this one

https://www.flickr.com/photos/niallsaviation/6267179951

and behind is the C-23 demo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/niallsavi ... otostream/

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers Pete, couldn’t for the life of me figure it out and can’t find the other pictures I had from that day 👍😊

ImageImageImage