MSFS 40th Anniversary Update

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: MSFS 40th Anniversary Update

Post by DaveG »

I like the A310 and the Beaver. I see a lot of people having FPS issues with the 310, apparently the WASM code isn't getting pre-compiled so it's doing it on the fly, but performance seems ok for me.
The DC3 is typical AH (take that how you want :lol: )
The Spruce Goose, Wright Flyer and Bleriot are nice, but not the sort of thing I'd fly more then once.
Still, a nice varied collection for free, can't complain. :lol:
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Don’t know if you are aware but there are two substantial free updates in Marketplace for PC users for the A310 and DC3. Apparently the default install that goes with the anniversary update is for consistency / because the xbox can’t run the full version. I’ve downloaded both, but not tried either yet.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ben, yep, got the enhancements for the A310 and DC-3. By the way, there is a mod awaiting approval at FS.to which allows you to hide the tablet in the DHC-2 Beaver, and fixes the POV problem too.

https://flightsim.to/file/43824/dhc-2-i ... d-bush-mod

Dave G - I rather like the DC-3 overall, and I hope the community will come up with some further polishing. After all my gripes with A.H. I am pleasantly surprised (apart from the take-off issue). Is it enough to lure me back to their payware ? Probably not, unfortunately.

I'm trying to find that Bleriot of which you speak. ;)

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Are there any repaints for the DC3
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Ah, you know what I mean. :lol:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

simondix wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 12:34
A few, at Flightsim.to.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I only took the DC3 up forf a quick flight but soon noticed that the elevator trim was way too slow, I have the Bravo Throttle and it incorporates a trim wheel and I had to really quickly turn the wheel to maintain a balance when level and even then it sometimes used to go too far. Is there a way to alter the speed or movement of the trim as it seems like large movements of the trim wheel only sees a small amount of trim change :dunno:

I have not yet looked at the manifold and throttle settings for take-off but that is something for me to look at tomorrow. The Beaver is a really nice addition but have not yet flown it not had the time. The update took 30 mins as my download speeds have been increased and also up loading is now 10Mpps by Virgin at no extra cost!! :excited:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Paul K wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 12:46
simondix wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 12:34
A few, at Flightsim.to.
Thank you.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

That A310 is tempting me to move back over to MSFS from X-Plane, it's long been one of my favourite aircraft. I don't see me buying XP12, my preferred steeds (IXEG 737 and Hotstart TBM900) will only be ported over once it's out of beta, and it doesn't offer much over my XP11 setup.

Is the A310 study level on the PC, or a bit dumbed down?

Thansk
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 17:50
Is there a way to alter the speed or movement of the trim as it seems like large movements of the trim wheel only sees a small amount of trim change :dunno:
There was a relevant thread on Avsim but damned if I can find it now. Might be worth enquiring there, Nigel - there's a lot more discussion and exchange of information going on. I have two buttons assigned to trim, and find that if I hold the button down, the rate of trim change increases. Other than that, I can't offer any ideas.
alemaobaiano wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 12:15
That A310 is tempting me to move back over to MSFS from X-Plane, it's long been one of my favourite aircraft. I don't see me buying XP12, my preferred steeds (IXEG 737 and Hotstart TBM900) will only be ported over once it's out of beta, and it doesn't offer much over my XP11 setup.

Is the A310 study level on the PC, or a bit dumbed down?

Thansk
I've only done one try-out flight in the A310 , but it seems to have been well received at Avsim. It compares favourably with the Fenix A320 and PMDG 737s by all accounts, but there is a frame rate problem which Inibuilds is looking into:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6265 ... ns/page/2/