Control setup in MS2020

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Control setup in MS2020

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just wondering whether any-one adjusts control settings in MS2020, by that I mean sensitivity settings for ailerons and elevator, if so what settings do you use? I know it can depend on the type of joystick you are using but sometimes especially with the DC3 very little movement is required for bank whereas other DC3 in X-Plane 11 requires slightly more movement. :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Control setup in MS2020

Post by Paul K »

Funny you should mention it Nigel, as I've been fiddling and tweaking sensitivities all afternoon. At the moment, the stick is set at default while I try to find the best setting for the rudder pedals. There's a good explanation of MSFS sensitivity settings here - some of it is obvious, but he does give some useful recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZfymIJR5U&t=900s

By the way, for the DC-3 I'm trying out a config tweak, and a couple of mods from FS.To, in an attempt to improve its take-off handling. I'll report back.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Away from home this week Nigel, so can't screenshot my sensitivity settings.
Just go into your controls setup profiles, and either create or copy an existing and rename say Dc3 yoke. Then click on sensitivity (I think it's top left of the page) There you can alter it from a straight line on the graph to a curve (you will have yo experiment a bit) The sensitivity will be saved with the profile. You need to change the profiles when changing aircraft. I usually forget and have to press exc when in the cockpit to bring settings up. Then back to your flight when your done. I think XP stores the profile with the aircraft (so I've heard)
Dale
Edit: Paul beat me to it lol
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks for your replies, will still beaver away and try various settings.

Regards
Nigel.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

About the only thing I've really messed with so far is just tweaking the axis so that I'm getting smooth deflection along the entire axis. It seems there's some weird sloping that goes on whether from developers of MSFS by default that some airplanes I'll get nearly full deflection with only a very small movement of my joystick. Once I fix that where I get linear movement, it seems to fix 99% of my control problems.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

You might find this helpful Nigel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DXdGaRgnhU

This chap has done seberal tutorials .

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Graham, very many thanks that is going to help me a lot as I hae sat at the screen trying to assign a button or lever and been driven mad at not being able to find a setting. Just don't know why they could not do the settings as in X-Plane 11 which is straight forward :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps, I’ve been trying to find what the setting is called which adjusts the pitch up or down while on A/P and also what they call the button that sets the Aquire Altitude. With the later, i can set the altitude with the finger wheel on the X-52 throttle, but i can’t find the button to engage it (its not altitude hold, it the button to acquire the dialled in target altitude.) Anyone any ideas?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Yeah the settings are a minefield Ben
What I've started to do is to click on the particular controller you want to assign. Make sure the options are set to "all" then click on search and enter a generic, say "altitude" or "pitch", and go through to results see which one suits your terminology best.
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

TSR2 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 13:26
Hi Chaps, I’ve been trying to find what the setting is called which adjusts the pitch up or down while on A/P and also what they call the button that sets the Aquire Altitude. With the later, i can set the altitude with the finger wheel on the X-52 throttle, but i can’t find the button to engage it (its not altitude hold, it the button to acquire the dialled in target altitude.) Anyone any ideas?
"Level Change"?
Dave G.