Inverting Mouse

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Inverting Mouse

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just wonder whether there is a software out that will change the mouse to invert and return it back to normal rather than having to go into the registry which I do not want to do.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Re: Inverting Mouse

Post by emfrat »

Cheers, Nigel - Does this help?
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000819.htm

MikeW

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Mike, many thanks for your help but reading my post I had only written half of the question it. :$

What I really meant was when pushing the mouse up on the pad I really want it the curser to go down and vice versa. A game I have does have invert mouse but does not work. I know it can be down through the registry but that I do not wish to do just in case I bugger it up.

Hope this has made sense but again, very many thnaks.

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Nigel. :hello: If your mean a toutchpad, as in on a Laptop The pointer control can be inverted through pointer devices in Windows. However if you mean a regular mouse, move about on a mouse mat type, then no, it's the registry hack. Maybe not a good plan with your recent track record :hide: :lol: :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

However if you mean a regular mouse, move about on a mouse mat type, then no, it's the registry hack. Maybe not a good plan with your recent track record :hide: :lol: :lol:
Dale
:rofl: :rofl:

Yup, it was for the regular mouse and I agree with your last words!! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You could try this:

https://github.com/oleg-st/InvertMouse

Note: I haven't tried it, so don't blame me if you PC blows up or steals all your credit card details! :worried:
Dave G.

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Cheers, Nigel - I hadn't thought of that.
Just from curiousity, I rotated my USB mouse 180 degrees, and got the effect you want by holding it between my forefinger and ring finger, and operating the buttons with my thumb. Felt a bit strange but it is viable. A wireless mouse might work better. BTW, I am right handed. B-)
Edit: PS I just realised this also reverses the cross-screen movement :doh:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

You could try this:

https://github.com/oleg-st/InvertMouse

Note: I haven't tried it, so don't blame me if you PC blows up or steals all your credit card details! :worried:
Dave G.
Now that really got me interested Dave, that is until I started reading further :-O Maybe I should just not bother, might not be worth the risk. :lol:
Cheers, Nigel - I hadn't thought of that.
Just from curiousity, I rotated my USB mouse 180 degrees, and got the effect you want by holding it between my forefinger and ring finger, and operating the buttons with my thumb. Felt a bit strange but it is viable. A wireless mouse might work better. BTW, I am right handed. B-)
Edit: PS I just realised this also reverses the cross-screen movement :doh:
:lol: :lol: Tried rotating my mouse as well, certainly works for the up and own movements but when it comes to looking left and right my brain becomes scrambled, I am left handed BTW.

Many thanks, though I am not giving up just yet, their must be a way on the game cfg to alter the setting but have not yet found it!!

Regards
Nigel.