MSFS New Zealand WU

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS New Zealand WU

Post by TSR2 »

Hi all, any thoughts on the NZ world update? I finally got it late last night and the feedback on the flightsimulator forum seemed positive.
I took the Hunter from Tauranga down to Wellington, but the weather was very low cloud almost the entire flight, so saw nothing 😂
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: MSFS New Zealand WU

Post by Vc Ten »

Updated this afternoon before return flight from Genoa. Took about 15 mins download. Not used the scenery yet.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just downloading as I write, the screenshots are brilliant and cannot wait to take a slow low flight across this continent. In fact, so used to flying in Britain in X-Plane with Orbx Scenery that I have not really got used to flying elsewhere in MS strange as it sounds. Though did one short flight from Heathrow to Paris and was great in the sense that once over France it looked 100% French which is so much better than X-Plane default scenery.

Really going to have to try flying more outside of the UK taking in scenic flights than sticking to my normal routine!!

Regards

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I picked up a couple of the France VFR airport packs which are great. Handy for 1-2 hour flights for the VA. I’d love a Vanguard for longer European flights.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Flying back over the alps /dolomites yesterday, made me think that I sometimes forget to appreciate the how really good the scenery is. It is just like looking out of an easyjet cabin window . Not that I experience than very often. Wendy always gets that honour. I'm sat in the middle trying not to spill anything on the stranger next to me :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

🤣🤣🤣

Haven’t flown in years now. But yes, it really is very good, that what winds me up about the flightsimulator forum brigade, they’ll land on a street and complain the building doesn’t look like it does when they drive past. 🙄

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Downloaded New Zealand last night then went for a very quick flight, very impressed however, later on that evening went to fly the 146 dark and cold setting and all hell broke loose, switches were on and off, not all of them but start switch etc could not even get it to load before take-off. Went to another aircraft this time one of the default ones Cessna Caravan and that was doing the same, tried another one then decided to uninstall New Zealand as this problem only occurred after installation shut down MS then re-started and all was well.

Don't know whether any one else has suffered the dame but now very reluctant to install new Zealand again. :((

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Not quite sure what's going on there Nigel :dunno:
I've had no problems since the update, controls, switches or otherwise
Just been over to forums.flightsimulator.com to check feedback on wu12, but nothing relating to your experience.
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Do you have any other addons for NZ installed Nigel?

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Not quite sure what's going on there Nigel :dunno:
I've had no problems since the update, controls, switches or otherwise
Just been over to forums.flightsimulator.com to check feedback on wu12, but nothing relating to your experience.
Dale

Do you have any other addons for NZ installed Nigel?
No, don't have any add-ons for New Zealand, I you both are not having any problems I might as well give it another go tomorrow and report back.

Many thanks

Regards
Nigel.