Just Flight PA 28 Turbo Arrow

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Just Flight PA 28 Turbo Arrow

Post by Nigel H-J »

Bit scarce on pay-ware aircraft in MS2020 especially single engine ones, yes there are the default single variants to be had but not many that I can say I really enjoy flying so finding out that Just Flight have a sale and also at a price that I can afford at the moment and went for the Turbo Arrow.

I read of Paul K flight in the none turbo Arrow some time back and how much he really enjoyed it and thought as I can only afford one go for the turbo version and boy I was not disappointed. A truly brilliant aircraft well made and flies really well, very impressed!!

Now I have to start saving up again! :lol:

Getting used to the Arrow IV doing circuits at Coventry Airport

Up and away again!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Just Flight PA 28 Turbo Arrow

Post by Filonian »

I have the Piper Arrow iii and Warrior and enoy flying them both Nigel.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Ditto to Graham's reply, I've got the PA28-R Arrow III, well chuffed with the latest update :agree:

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Graham and Gina :hello: Somehow I just got to get away from flying circuits and do some serious cross country flying but TBH, I get tremendous satisfaction remaining in circuit and feeling the aircraft touch down smoothly whilst using FS Realistic which gives all the realistic effects of many aircraft that you fly and would highly recommend it, used the X-Plane version for some time and now would not fly without it.

Having said that, I just found out that there is an update for FSRealistic in the form of a First Person Walkaround, which I am going to get now although it is in the Beta Stage it is a must for me. :excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k7ZA-AGA7M

Regards
Nigel.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Nigel H-J wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 17:43

Getting used to the Arrow IV doing circuits at Coventry Airport

Regards
Nigel.
By a very strange coincidence I landed ( as a passenger) yesterday at Coventry in my son's JetRanger 505 to pick up fuel, and as we left there was an Arrow doing circuits . It was blue though :lol:

PS Incidentally , we were surprised to see both the old Atlantic Air Lockheed Electra and a Nimrod still there
Last edited by cstorey on 12 Apr 2023, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Nigel H-J wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 14:31
Hi Graham and Gina :hello: Somehow I just got to get away from flying circuits and do some serious cross country flying but TBH, I get tremendous satisfaction remaining in circuit and feeling the aircraft touch down smoothly whilst using FS Realistic which gives all the realistic effects of many aircraft that you fly and would highly recommend it, used the X-Plane version for some time and now would not fly without it.

Having said that, I just found out that there is an update for FSRealistic in the form of a First Person Walkaround, which I am going to get now although it is in the Beta Stage it is a must for me. :excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k7ZA-AGA7M

Regards
Nigel.
Wow! that's pretty impressive Nigel. I haven't really explored getting FSRealistic yet, but it could be on my shopping list soon. Just one thing, I guess I no longer have to show my RAF F1250 to get through the guardroom at Duxford B-) ;)

Gina

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

By a very strange coincidence I landed ( as a passenger) yesterday at Coventry in my son's JetRanger 505 to pick up fuel, and as we left there was an Arrow doing circuits . It was blue though :lol:

PS Incidentally , we were surprised to see both the old Atlantic Air Lockheed Electra and a Nimrod still there
WOW!! the Jet Ranger is certainly a lovely helicopter, never flown in one though, much prefer to have wings either side!! :lol:

Looks like I chose the right airport but the wrong colour!! :doh:

Still looks like plans for Coventry Airport remain unsure at present, this is all I could find. :dunno:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/all-a ... ry-airport
Wow! that's pretty impressive Nigel. I haven't really explored getting FSRealistic yet, but it could be on my shopping list soon. Just one thing, I guess I no longer have to show my RAF F1250 to get through the guardroom at Duxford B-) ;)
Gina, when I was stationed at RAF Stradishall the overflow married quarters were at Duxford and I used to do the Duxford run quite a few times with a Morris passenger van. At lunch time I had to wait for an hour before making the return trip to Stradishall so often went walking around the hangers and old buildings to pass the time. Never saw any-one around though even though it was all abandoned.

Have not yet tried the walkaround in FSRealistic, in fact, I must be doing something wrong so did not get to walk round Duxford. :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

"Gina, when I was stationed at RAF Stradishall the overflow married quarters were at Duxford and I used to do the Duxford run quite a few times with a Morris passenger van. At lunch time I had to wait for an hour before making the return trip to Stradishall so often went walking around the hangers and old buildings to pass the time. Never saw any-one around though even though it was all abandoned.

Have not yet tried the walkaround in FSRealistic, in fact, I must be doing something wrong so did not get to walk round Duxford. :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.
[/quote]

One of these days I must get to Duxford before I get too "long in the tooth" ;) ......As for RAF Stradishall, I remember driving past the site in the late 90's whilst doing pub relief management at the White Horse near Risby, all I can remember is the prison!!

Regards,
Gina

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

One of these days I must get to Duxford before I get too "long in the tooth" ;) ......As for RAF Stradishall, I remember driving past the site in the late 90's whilst doing pub relief management at the White Horse near Risby, all I can remember is the prison!!
have not been to Duxford for many years Gina, I have to use either a wheel chair or mobility scooter as have trapped nerves in my spine as well as arthritis lower spine so walking is very limited for me. If I get down to Duxford it would have to be when no air show is on as I find crowded locations at times quite difficult.

It was in the last year at Stradishall in 1970 that we learnt that it would be turned into a prison which I thought was a bit sad, the runways and some of the hangers have now gone but in the year I was there I did manage to get 2 flights in the Domini one day (pilot training) and one night (navigation flight) up to Scotland and back. Had to stand very still when the student nav did his Astro Fix behind me (I was stood right behind the cockpit).
I also remember the Domini and Varsity (which sadly I did not get to fly in) do their final fly past as they flew away from Stradishall for the very last time to their new home at Finningley. Then much later and one of the last, I was posted to Scampton.

Sorry, just realised that I am waffling so now time to give every-one a bit of a break. 8)

Regards
Nigel.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Sorry, just realised that I am waffling so now time to give every-one a bit of a break. 8)

Regards
Nigel.
[/quote]

Nothing like a good waffle Nigel ;) ...something I seem to do a lot of these days since passing "three score years and ten" a few years back :lol:

Ragrads,
Gina