Steam to no longer run FSX with Windows 7?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Steam to no longer run FSX with Windows 7?

Post by Vc Ten »

In industrial machinery there's lots of equipment running obsolete Windows embedded systems. I used to visit one customer that has a pair of robotic packing lines using XP in the screen panel. I kept a Laptop just for such visits that ran XP, so I could use the programming software. Its 7 or 8 years since I last called there. I still have the laptop, and I believe the robots are still on the same os.
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Yep, it will run quite happily, bug it just can’t be connected to a network safely. Some of the old embedded Windows were really robust.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry it’s taken a while to respond but it’s been a mad week. I’ll look into upgrading windows, I’m confident my PC should cope. I bought it about six or seven years ago and I was lucky enough to be able to spend a decent amount at the time on a custom Chillblast setup, the idea being to future proof the PC as much as possible. Ironically, the prevailing advice at the time (not on this forum I should point out), was to actually request Windows 7 as Windows 10 was considered not ideal for running FSX! Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing? TBH Win 7 is fine for what I need. I’m still quite shocked that, through no fault of my own, I can be denied the use of hundreds of pounds worth of software that I have legitimately purchased and legally own. It’s not like I’m trying to install old floppy disks on a new PC, I’m just trying to run the same software on the same computer!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I really enjoyed Win 7 as it was so easy to navigate round but sadly, progress meant change and change meant a new learning curve, Still, I am now very happy with Win 11

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.