Just Flight F28

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Just Flight F28

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dale, I'm not sure where the problem lies TBH, for the rudders I am using Logitech Steering Wheel and have one setting only in MS that is for all aircraft so no further setting up is required from one a/c to the next. The rudders work correctly on everything apart from the F28. Now I only purchased the F28 after the first u[date came out and noted that Dave G had written:
Rudder not working with Xbox controller - fixed (support added for ‘RUDDER AXIS RIGHT’ and ‘RUDDER AXIS LEFT’ assignments)
In doing that could JF have messed up in some way with other settings on different platforms?

What I am finding is that when I start a flight I am on the runway and rudders bars are central as soon as I start moving applying rudder ever so slightly left or right they go full right, so have resorted to using nose wheel steering for T/O and that is controlled by a lever on my CH Throttle Quadrant however, on landing and a cross wind I cannot use rudder to keep centre line and the Auto Rudders do not seem to work!!

Also, on the HS146 upon landing I apply speed brakes passing over threshold and touching down I the apply spoilers all from one lever on my Bravo Throttle Quadrant i.e. pull the speed brake out then pull the lever over the detent stop for spoilers but unable to do this for the F28, Weird, and cannot find the command for speed brake only spoiler!!

Thinking of putting ticket in at JF as flying it with lobsided rudders are not good at all!!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I bought it Saturday afternoon, after the latest update, so it can't be that. Rudders working OK here. I only use one preset for my Saitek rudder/brake pedals, which like you, does for all. Are you sure there's no other addon causing a conflict? I read that the rudder isn't used in flight. Turns are initiated purely with the ailerons (can't remember if that was just autopilot) Obviously they are needed for take off and landing. Is the sim setup in the options for auto rudder?
There's a list of the available control bindings on page 250 in the manual. I don't think the spoilers are covered. I just use the mouse on the red button to arm on approach. I tried to get the HP cocks to work on my quadrant, but they don't animate in the cockpit, so I just again, use the mouse to turn em on or off
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dale and many thanks for giving me some items to look at, I did go on JF and looked up at some problems and came up with this one but darned if I can make any sense of it, I looked and looked for a leg panel or may just be thick!! ;)
A rudder bar lock handle, located on the leg panel in the front cockpit, can be moved to the locked position (horizontal, blocking the right rudder pedal) to lock the rudder in the centre position. The lock is disengaged during the pre-start checks.
If you do happen to come across it would be grateful for a screen shot!! Somehow though I doubt if this is the cause :dunno:

Regards
Nigel

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Wasn't aware of that one Nigel

I'll be flying after tea, so I will try and find the said lock. Will get back as soon as.
Dale
Edit Think this refers to the hawk https://support.justflight.com/support/ ... not-moving
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Wasn't aware of that one Nigel

I'll be flying after tea, so I will try and find the said lock. Will get back as soon as.
Dale
Edit Think this refers to the hawk https://support.justflight.com/support/ ... not-moving
Sorry Dale, Swear that was for the F28, must be more careful!! :doh: :lol: :lol: Went up again but this time I decided to see if rudders would work via my old CH Throttle Quadrant so picked one lever for rudders and lo and behold it works very well, not ideal by any means as I have to use both hands on T/O then discard the rudders until landing so at least I am able to land and take-off.

Will put in a ticket to JF as just checked again and other a/c rudders are OK.

Thanks again Dale.

Regards
Nigel.