Not been a good year!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Not been a good year!

Post by Nigel H-J »

My brother lives in Lincoln and he also has had some significant health challenges recently (is it a Lincoln thing). I visited him recently (staying at Hartsholme camping site); our first trip to Lincoln in a while - it's changed a bit!
Hi Chris, Lincoln has certainly changed a lot especially since the university arrive, Don't know whether that has been a good idea or not, I think the only thing that had improved is the night life, more pubs and clubs (when I was working on C.C.T.V.) and should think the same still applies, I have never ventured into to city in the evenings or even during the day as we tend to shop at the bigger stores where parking is plentiful. Yes, Lincoln has changed.

Just now wondering what is going to happen when 2,000 odd illegal immigrant's come to Scampton, they will be able to roam where they like and I know from TV interviews that many people especially those living nearby the camp are not happy and even some have spoken out that they don't want them to be hanging about in Lincoln City Centre.
All the best for a successful outcome, and that you both stay in good health afterwards.

Hope all goes well for you Nigel and you make a full recovery :thumbsup:
Thanks Allan and Ben, thought I would quickly drop in and see what is happening. :lol: Heard nothing yet from the hospital and guess that the recent strikes mean's further delays. Have to take Babs to hospital the following week as she has to have a heart monitor fitted for 48 hours so if the hospital ask me to attend before then I will have to cancel as Babs has been waiting nearly six months for this appointment.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.