MSFS new version announced

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: MSFS new version announced

Post by blanston12 »

An update ever four years is not to bad. Who can forget Flight Simulator 95, 98, 2000, 2002, 2004 and FSX which was released in 2006. Its either that or a subscription so the developers keep collecting a salary.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Thanks Allan, and although not specifically about 5.4 your update does help. Essentially more of the same, which sets my expectations nicely. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have watched a number of videos regarding the new 2024 version and noted that the aerodynamics will incorporate more realistic features when flying aircraft.

They appear to be following X-Plane 12 flight dynamics so my question is, with improved dynamics will that require further updates on pay-ware aircraft unless the dynamics are developed in the sim as apposed to add-on aircraft?

Just wondering, if any-one is able to voice an opinion? One thing that has moved me away from X-Plane 12 was that the sim was backward compatible i.e. most (if not all) in version 11 would work in V12 however, there were/are anomalies such as cockpit warning lights etc. some developers mainly Just Flight did update but some others such as Rotate did not and released a new version and this is one reason I gave up with V12 staying with V11. I'm damned if after a few years developers then take it onboard to release a newer version instead of updating. If it all comes down to money then they can count me out of it!! :rant:
Rant over!! :$

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Nothing has really been announced yet Nigel. I think a lot of what they are referring to is already in 2020 but not many have used it (such as the fluid dynamics).
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Ben. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.