Bizarre Problem With IRIS Vulcan Bomber

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Bizarre Problem With IRIS Vulcan Bomber

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

All of your discussions about new Vulcan for MSFS use remind me of my episode. Years ago, I bought IRIS Vulcan bomber for FSX use but had not installed it for years because I was too scared to do installation of such complex payware aircraft.

Last year after 3 years of successful installations of complex payware add on aircrafts, I decided to try luck with IRIS Vulcan bomber. I looked at File Explorer showing all folders and tried to find the folder containing the Vulcan package. What surprised me is that in my old computer, I have file for serial key code and "update' files to correct bugs of Vulcan add on BUT I do not see my software package for Vulcan.

So I emailed Iris and also emailed to OWNER and CEO of Iris sending them proof of my serial key code asking them to send me copy of the software explaining to them that I could not find records of my purchase of Vulcan in various retail flight sim websites that I regularly buy from which led me to impression that it must be from the retail flight sim website that went bankrupt. I reminded him that apart from my serial key code, the update files that I have is clear proof of my ownership of Vulcan as IRIS does not give updates to anyone without ownership of the plane.

He replied that IRIS does not have the FSX copy of Vulcan and could not do anything about my problem which struck me strange and fishy because I had discussed with CEO and OWNER of PC Aviator who told me that his retail website is still selling IRIS Vulcan bomber and he has no idea what in the heck IRIS CEO and owner is talking about.

Oh well

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Bizarre Problem With IRIS Vulcan Bomber

Post by TSR2 »

I don’t remember IRIS making a Vulcan (I might be wrong). *-)

I did have an FSX Vulcan, but I thought it was a different developer (Justflight)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Iris did do a Vulcan back in the day. I'll have to see if I've still got it backed up somewhere. *-)
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Was that not FS9 Dave? What was it they were called pre Iris?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

They were originally DSB. I've got the Iris Vulcan for FSX. I did a mod for it where you click the arm rest and it did an auto start.
Never did get the JF FSX one. Still haven't bought the MSFS one yet! :lol:
Dave G.