Login hassles

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Login hassles

Post by emfrat »

Hello Ben - Everywhere I move I am being told I have to login, despite being already logged in and recognised. I can't read my PMs, or even post a new topic apparently. Probably collateral damage from the previous login hack. I'm not upset, just letting you know.
ATB
MikeW

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Login hassles

Post by Airspeed »

emfrat wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 10:02
Hello Ben - Everywhere I move I am being told I have to login, despite being already logged in and recognised. I can't read my PMs, or even post a new topic apparently. Probably collateral damage from the previous login hack. I'm not upset, just letting you know.
ATB
MikeW
It's happening to me, and a few others too, Mike.
You're logged in, write a post, then get told you need to be logged in.
I've resorted to typing up any long posts in Wordpad, then copy & paste, as everything gets wiped.
Ben suggested logging in a the BOTTOM of the Forum page, but it made no difference for me; it's still hit and miss.

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Cheers, Mike. I was one of many who named the Drover, and my PM to you seemed to go OK. When I tried to check my sent messages, it wasn't there. It did let me create a new post, but not a reply. Don't know what this'un will do *-)
ATB, MikeW

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

emfrat wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 19:44
Cheers, Mike. I was one of many who named the Drover,......
ATB, MikeW
Sorry to hear that, Mike.
Would have been nice to have an Aussie get a badge for that one :agree:
What I can tell you about sent PMs, is that they show in your "Outbox" until they have been accessed by the recipient; then they go into "Sent".
So if you don't see the expected number in the Outbox as soon as you've hit "Submit", you'll know it hasn't gone. Of course, you should have had a flash* confirmation pop up telling you that "Your message has been delivered successfully" or similar. *I don't think that stays on the screen for longer than a couple of seconds, so you need to watch for it.