Where have all the Pilots gone?

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Where have all the Pilots gone?

Post by adysmith »

When I joined the Statistics page of the VA would have shown about ten pilots flying various amounts of flights each month.

This number has gradually dwindled, last month there were only TWO pilots on the stats page, three so far this month.

There is a significant chance that I might not get to log any VA flights next month as I am very busy with Real Flying but I will try my best.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Where have all the Pilots gone?

Post by Airspeed »

That's truly sad to hear, Adrian.
I've never tried to fly those heavies, just contenting myself with VFR, and mostly in areas I'm familiar with.
I don't seem able to make the time to learn anything that I can't see out of the windows. I know I'm missing out, but there you go.
I take my hat off to those who do the things you do, clocking up over 2million NM without even crashing :$
Hopefully you'll see more traffic soon, but with the Northern Hemisphere warming, more folks may be outdoors :dunno:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Funnily enough I fired the PC up on Wednesday night. I’m going to try and start putting an hour or two aside each week to do some VA work. I need to get the Shorts back from Africa and then we’ll see whats next.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I stopped VA work because RL kept getting in the way. I haven't flown a proper flight since January. I miss it but I cannot see in the near future me getting the time to do the flights.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I now I have not been doing much flying recently, just hard to find time. But I hope to get back soon.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.