Sim Outhouse Server Move

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Sim Outhouse Server Move

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Hi folks, I know some here are also members over at SOH but some may not be aware that SOH have moved to a new hosting provider and have changed from a .com site to a .org site. If you were registered with the old site your login should hopefully re-direct to the new site but if you were just a casual visitor then the new site is located at: https://sim-outhouse.org/sohforums/

Hopefully everyone who needs to get in can get in but if there are any issues let me know here and I will see what I can do to assist as I am a lowly staffer over there. ;)
Larry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Sim Outhouse Server Move

Post by TSR2 »

Thanks for the heads up Larry. Did they not send an email out about it?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

There were several posts about the move on the forums and people were advised to make sure their email details on their profile were current as that info was a vital part of the move as current contact info was vital to notify people and to set up their membership to the new forum software as it was all automated and based on email addresses.

Hopefully your email address was current and your details were transferred successfully which means that you should be able to log onto the new forum with your old username and password.

Let me know if you have any issues getting in and I will see what I can do to get things sorted before the contract runs out on the old server and everything left is lost.

We are currently trying to move the tens of thousands of files in the file library to the new server but the process cannot be automated so we have teams of volunteers (taking a section each) to download every file (incl. images and text for the description) then re-upload it and change the uploader name back to the original poster. It's a massive process that might take a while so if you cannot access the new file library that is probably why.
Larry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Larry,

I’ll check it out when I get home tonight. Good luck with the move, its a lot of work so hope it all goes ok :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage