Adobe/Tantris AI... 56k stay away!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

calypso
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by calypso »

Jetset wrote:On another note, doesn't it make you realise how bad the default scenery is compared to the addons these days?
Absolutely. Russian simmers also seem to have the knack of making their scenery look very believeable and realistic. Must be the textures the use.
John

calypso
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by calypso »

Jetset wrote:John, where did you get that Russian scenery?
Mostly off http://www.avsim.ru

But this is a good place to start.

http://kamatoz.com/ivao-ru/en/scenery.php

Still amazes me how they can manage to get all that detail with very little impact on frame rates!
John

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

That's Russia for you. On the outside they seem poor and the underdogs, but internally they have great technology and ideas. They always reminded me of the kids in school who got picked on, but their potential was great. Thanks for the links.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

calypso wrote:
mulletman wrote:The ones that really interest me are the Ruskys.
Adobe/Tantris does a great job with the Russians. I can also confirm minimal frame-rate impact with this AI package.
Well that wass well needed! Russia is one of those places in FS that i want to fly into (evn if the ATC contorllers are not correct etc etc) but the AI traffic types and lack of Scenery put me off.

Those russians look superb!
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

They really do look like the models you would download and fly.
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

andy wrote:That looks good Peter. The only problem with AFCAD2 designed scenery, is that the textures are so synthetic. We really need the ability to import 3rd party textures. Concrete in the UK, does not resemble that in Florida or Calif. :huf: :wink:
That's just default FS9.1 Andy and it compares pretty well with Google Earth in my opinon and I'm content with it:-

calypso
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by calypso »

In case you were interested in some Russian "small field" scenery.

http://www.fsussr.avsim.ru/Scenery.htm
John

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

No joy with me on that link John! Won't open. :think:
Jetty!

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I had the Tantris -package installed for a brief period of time, but ditched it, as it delivered several military traffic in EKCH....I must admit, that I never in real life have seen any F16's at the Domestic gates.....

So if you want to fill the sky with traffic I think it is indeed good, but if you are looking for more or less realistic traffic it doesn't suffy...

The quality of PAI's flight schedules are much more accurate for my likes, but then again, I could be wrong in parts of the world I don't frequently visit.

Just my opinion..
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

DanKH wrote:I had the Tantris -package installed for a brief period of time, but ditched it, as it delivered several military traffic in EKCH....I must admit, that I never in real life have seen any F16's at the Domestic gates.....
I may be wrong, which is very possibly the case, but isn't it down to the afcad to decide which aircraft go where? You see I am not 100% sure how the whole AI thing works. It's just been there, so I have taken it for granted. Feel free to correct or educate!
Jetty!