737 Pilot in Command

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

737 Pilot in Command

Post by ChrisHunt »

Bought 737 PiC today. Not bad - lots of switches to play with and like Rick's recent masterpiece you have to work through the list to start it properly. Unlike Rick's (and other designers here) work there are some interesting visual flaws - that the rotating beacons are absolutely crap is a good for instance. Nonetheless it ain't bad even if it is a Boing - flies well although needs a reasonably high spec PC to refresh the screen at anything faster than glacial when switching between 2D and 3D panel.

Talking of panels the 3D is OK but almost impossible to read any detail you have to use the pop-ups from the 2D panel for that.

Does anyone else have this software - if so what are your thoughts?

Regards,
Chris

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

I had it on my old machine before my HD gave up the ghost.

Your summation pretty much echoes my thoughts; it flies well, but is hard on the frame rates...at least from the VC. The PMDG 737s actually gave me better fps from the VC than the PIC 737....which I found surprising.

Like you said, the visual clarity in the VC isn't the best. Although it could've been a function of my graphics card, too. :dunno:

Regardless...it has some pretty nice details in the systems. The APU will actually deplete fuel...which (as far as I know) not too many other add-ons mimic. Good stuff.

draken79
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by draken79 »

i can agree with you it must be one of the more worth while payware aircraft ive downloaded in awhile. mind you some of the paints supplied with the cdrom version are a bit scary.