A Helicopter Tour...

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A Helicopter Tour...

Post by petermcleland »

Leif, Daves, Jonesey and any other McLeland Field users,

Do yourselves a favour and download this small file:-

http://www.petermcleland.com/dl/HeliTour.zip

Here is an extract from my ReadMe:-

>>12. Wait till it all settles...I have the Key "R" Assigned to "Rebuild Scenery" and this does speed up this procedure...Anyway, be patient and "Heli" will complete his drills and lift off. Watch for the nice dust vortex as he does this.

Now watch and admire the precision circling hover at the level of the windows in the "Ghost Tower"...Next he will back off and then cross the green girder bridge over to the area where the sharks circle...Watch for them between the cruise ship and the lighthouse. Pan over to the right rear quarter to see them best.

Heli will then fly over to where the "Great White Shark" leaps...You may want to pan right a bit as he descends to hover low...Get the stationary cruise ship in view over behind the helicopter and you will be well placed to see the next leap.

He will then back off in a climb and position for a slow diagonal traverse along the length of the "Grockle Boat" pontoon...On this particular run, Clione is out in the bay, returning towards her berth but on subsequent repeat runs you will get a good view of her. <<

Well, the above will I hope convince you to look at it...Very good viewing and skillful flying. I do wish I could fly a chopper like that :think:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Downloaded Peter. Will see what pop's up :wink:

[edit] Just watched the recording Peter and yes.. the pilot is slightly more skilled in the Bell than me too! :lol: That said.. I wonder if the display would have been so polished in the default R22 :shock: :-$ Very nice but you've got to be keen on rotary wing aircraft to become that proficient. Given the right amount of wind.. I could do similar in Rick's beta Messenger!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

I just found a stash of Lasse Linde's helis... that I downloaded before he took them offline.

Keith Jones
Victor
Victor

Post by Keith Jones »

Lasse's site is now back on line. http://www.swedbird.com
Wherever you go, there you are.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thanks Pete

Ill download when I get home from work

:)

Leif

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Thanks for that Peter :smile:

..and for that link Keith :wink:

It brings tears to my eyes though..especially since my 4 year old son is better with a rotary than me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ATB,

Derek :smile:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DelP wrote:Thanks for that Peter :smile:

..and for that link Keith :wink:

It brings tears to my eyes though..especially since my 4 year old son is better with a rotary than me... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah Derek...I'm pretty hopeless with rotary wing also...Too late now to learn new tricks but I certainly enjoy watching "Heli" fly that chopper around my base...He is also the first to discover another "Easter Egg" at McLeland Field :roll: