Alpha Sim Swift first screenie...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

John
Concorde
Concorde

Alpha Sim Swift first screenie...

Post by John »

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Looks Good to me John.

Thanks for the gen.

Graham

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

TaVM for that John. :wink:

Not sure if I'm gonna part with any money I don't have for it.... YET but only time will tell.. the moth and the electric lamp :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

But it doesn't have any missiles hanging from it! :lol: Does this mean I can stop trying to edit Mr Ito's Swift now?

AndyG

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Very Nice!

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Post by JensOle »

AndyG wrote:But it doesn't have any missiles hanging from it! :lol: Does this mean I can stop trying to edit Mr Ito's Swift now?

AndyG
I have not flown Ito's Swift, but from the pictures I have seen so do the missiles look correct for the Fairey Fireflash missile which was tested on the Swift.

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... if_036.jpg
http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... ift_ad.jpg

I'm looking forward to get the Alphasim Swift (as I do not even download Ito's ugly looking models), good to see they have dared to do a much forgotten British fighter.

Best regards
Jens-Ole

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

JensOle wrote:
AndyG wrote:But it doesn't have any missiles hanging from it! :lol: Does this mean I can stop trying to edit Mr Ito's Swift now?

AndyG
I have not flown Ito's Swift, but from the pictures I have seen so do the missiles look correct for the Fairey Fireflash missile which was tested on the Swift.

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... if_036.jpg
http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... ift_ad.jpg

I'm looking forward to get the Alphasim Swift (as I do not even download Ito's ugly looking models), good to see they have dared to do a much forgotten British fighter.

Best regards
Jens-Ole
Yes, they were tested on the Swift, but it was a later model. The F7 had extended wings and an extended nose profile - it's a shame, because he has modelled the Fireflash missile quite nicely!

Incidentally, there was a project to make one of the F7's (XF114) airworthy, although I believe the project has been suspended for quite a while.

AndyG

Ed Walters
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Ed Walters »

I think that project has been cancelled entirely, I'm afraid. The last I heard the aircraft had been sold to Solent Sky in Southampton (formerly the Hall of Aviation) for restoration to static condition.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Ed Walters wrote:I think that project has been cancelled entirely, I'm afraid. The last I heard the aircraft had been sold to Solent Sky in Southampton (formerly the Hall of Aviation) for restoration to static condition.
I'd heard rumours to that effect unfortunately. Oh well, another British "What If" I guess. :sad:

AndyG

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Alphasim Swift

Post by rich byrne »

Looks like its out now, announcement on their front page, anyway.