Vanguard services inaugurated

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Vanguard services inaugurated

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys,

Well, we had our first Vanguard flight today. The honours went to Sean McCowen who carried a full load of passengers from Stansted to Heathrow. Following a short stop to pick up some fuel Sean then flew onwards to Stockholm. The crew are enjoying a short stop before returning to Heathrow later today.

Well done Sean!

Rgds

John

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Thanks John, whats the fuel consumption and capacity on a Vanguard? I put 9000kg in at Stockholm, she's now at heathrow with 139kg in the tanks, scarey stuff.

Regards

Sean

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

:shock: Hi Sean,

I haven't done any Vanguard flying yet. I know some folk do some 'proving flights' to get thier own figures to work on. Make note of fuel to cruise alt, fuel for one hour cruise and then fuel from top of descent to landing allowing for an ILS at dest. From these you should be able to get some rough figures and then add on reserves for winds/diversion etc and take it from there. I am sure as we all gain experience of operating the aircraft on the routes we will be able to get some data together to share with everyone. We are still very early days with the VA and we are all on a steep learning curve. FYI your block fuels were EGLL-ESSA 7,627kgs 2hrs 23mins, and the return flight ESSA-EGLL 8,804kgs 2hrs 40mins. These are 'chock to chock of course. You can view the stats for the flights by looking at the blue 'info' button next to each completed flight on the VA page. The last 5 flights are displayed but you can expand and scroll back to see ALL flights of the VA.

Rgds

John