I learnt about flying from that!!!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

No excuse Jonesey, you should have overflown the field to ensure it looked correct on any charts etc! :tuttut: :tuttut: :lol: :lol:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Sink Rate! Sink Rate! Sink Rate! - plowing plowing plowing- is my most common mistake.

Have also landed (crashed) with wheels up (you know it's going to happen when the ground looks higher than it ought to be)!

Chris

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

The other night, during a multiplayer hop, I forgot to raise both the flaps and the gear after takeoff. I wondered why, after a few minutes, the whole group was 8nm ahead of me! :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: Done that too Tweek. Been some years ago (maybe FS98 or 2000).. on a RTW which was much more difficult in those days due to the lack of airports!! Was taking a Monarch A3something-or-other over the Pacific to FatSamsDisco when I noticed 3/4 of the way across that my fuel was looking perilously low. The reason... takeoff flaps still deployed! :lol: JUST made it though.. on vapour! :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Oh dear,Trev,bump,tinkle.

I've landed short,at the wrong'drome,all sorts.

You know something's wrong when you "pour the sauce" and it does'nt seem to get better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Interesting thread, I had my first in-sim encounter with spacial disorientation recently.

I was using Kirk Olsson's F-86 in VC, got away from Laarbruch in low cloud and about 5 mins later exited same cloud upside down looking at the ground,had to use the 'eject' :lol:

ttfn

Pete