Dave Maltby's VC10

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

UPS sorry my bad....I had it 25JAN06..silent though..an eat-out with the kids and wife at McD....

Was allowed to sit in the Crown-chair though :lol:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Cheeky young whippersnappers! I'm pushing 54 with a very short stick

:lol:

Sean

andy

Post by andy »

Avant-Garde-Aclue wrote:Cheeky young whippersnappers! I'm pushing 54 with a very short stick

:lol:

Sean
You're still a length behind some of us.................. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Well as long as you all do not grow spiders webs under your armpits, it's OK to get older.... :partyman:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

VC10ace
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by VC10ace »

Ummmm Tonks are you SURE VC10's dont come into LHR anymore? Because I went into work the other day and the other shift told me I had just missed one :-({|= Either that or they saw an SAS MD80 with another 2 blowers bolted on :lol: Also as I live under the 27 right flight path at the end of the runway i definitely heard the unmistakeable ROAR of four Conways climbing out - how do I know? Well as I wiped the blood from around my ears..............

Perhaps a VIP OR CLASSIFIED sortie Tonks? I know Blair abuses most things so I guess a VC10 will be great for his hols with Mrs Blair and her hairdos? :roll:

Finally I wouldnt say 10's are not welcome anymore as the old SAS MD80 IS a howler and climbs like a cat with scalded nuts! I have seen these beauties clawing their way up at what must be 2000 FPM at probably a 45 degree nose up! In good head winds they land like Harriers just hanging over the threshold.

Also Air Indias Jurassic 747's are VERY noisy. I saw one close up the other day and it confirmed WHY I never have and never WILL fly on a 747 :shock: - you DONT want to know. Aircraft engineers get to KNOW whats not a good bet to fly on :wink:

Watched a SUPERB day of Classic British Aircraft the other week -the good old Trident landing in fog and whIte outs AND AND VC10'S by the hundreds, MAGNIFICENT. Boeing and the others were soon to copy her technology. Great Britain ONCE the world leader in aviation - now what are we? Just an also ran making wings for Airbus -a sad end to our aviation past. The Bulldogs teeth have all fallen out......

OK I'll go away now - sit and hold my remaining bits from XR809 and softly weep :sad: Can anyone IMAGINE a NEW VC10 being built today with a couple of RB211'S at the the back and a glass cockpit - leave the rest the same AWESOME.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It wouldn't have been President Blair Ace. An old workhorse like the VC10 is way below his standing!! :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

It's a entire 777 for President Tony I think

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Those pics are great Tash, when will the paints become available for public consumption??

Excellent work

Best Regards

Sean