DC3 Fuel Tanks

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

RGr that David and thanks. I wasn't sure whether to go for the default (shudder) or blow the dust off the MAAM model. I suppose paints and available flights will dictate which of the two (or perhaps both) I end up using. :wink:

Slightly off topic but not by much.. why do we get short changed when we buy fuel?? Every time I've taken fuel (without exception).. what I get is a kg less than asked for. Is someone cooking the books :think: :smile:

Oh.. db.. who's panel are you using??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

well you have just asked the right person that question. this is for real. when you upload fuel, as i do everyday. i get a bill for gross fuel and the net. the gross is what the customer gets for his books and the net is for the company. the gross is always less than net.
also specific gravity plays it's part and when you place fuel into something it always shows more than whats realy gone in. fuel temp,and induction of air during the fueling process. for i deliver on average 220,000 ltrs of fuel per day. thats approx four loads in my truck.
now as for fs9 were being ripped off and should get a discount, where's the green sheild stamps. if you fly the Maam DC3 when you first fuel you could get uneven gauges. that's ok. for the next flight before going onto flynet, clear you fuel setting. i have found that if you leave the fuel settings as per the last flight things show very weired. ie 400kgs put in then the trip meter shows 2300lb. :think: i have just done the above and cleared my fuel settings and when loaded via flynet it remembered my 288kgs from the last flight. then i uploaded some more fuel. all gauges showed fine and the trip meter was correct.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

my low flying tanker.Image
as for panel i have both the standard MAAM sperry, if i wish to do the old way. then for long distance i have Mark Beaumonts IFR panel. both are very good. last year all i flew was the default with mark's other panels, then some bought me the Maam for christmas. i was hooked .

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That is some tanker you've got there!! :shock: Can't you syphon some off for the DC3!! :lol:

Had a look to see what paints are available and Garry Russell has done a couple for the default model which will suit my current area of operations.. Channel Islands and Intra. As it is, I don't care for the default panel and in all honesty.. I'm not particularly struck on the MAAM default either. I found myself using the VC instead :shock: :shock: S H U D D E R :worried: I'm sure something will pop up.. even if I have to cut and shut one myself!! :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

dave for panels have a look at DC3 Airways.com in there download section there are about seven different panels for the default dc3. from old to ultra modern, also they have radio range panels ( never used that one myself ).

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ok mate.. thanks for that :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

db...

Out of interest, which FD are you using for the DC3?? There are quite a few out available, some of which I've tried, but have settled on the one available from Simouthouse. Trying to work out the best flight settings isn't too easy with a modded FD!! :roll:

ATB

ImageImage