First Dove flights

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

First Dove flights

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Well,

DaveB 'hardly let the ink dry' on the schedules before he took to the skies in one of our Doves in the early hours of this morning with a flight from Manchester to East Midlands. I guess he'd thrown away the keys to the Vanguard but then thought better of it and returned. Still none too happy he then went for a jaunt to Liverpool. Rumour has it, the locals on the Channel Islands had got wind that their early morning papers might not be delivered and had started making enquiries from some French charter outfit to see if they could get the papers moving. I reckon this news must have filtered through to Dave somehow as soon after, he returned to Manchester with the Dove, found the keys to the Vanguard that he had previously discarded and hot footed it back to Jersey. Well, before Monsieur L'Captain de la Rapide Francaise had time to remove his chocks, Dave was already delivering papers to the locals in Guernsey, somewhat late I may add, but none-the-less to the delight of the locals.

You want milk and papers moving in the Channel Islands, Dave's your man :wink:

Rgds

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Ah yes.. a treat to get into the Dove again. Won't be going to Liverpool again for a while as my wheels where nicked while I booked the flight back to Manchester!! Give me the peace and serenity of the CI's any day :lol:
Nearly passed out at the booking office in Jersey after the milk run. Went to book the flight back to Manchester and found TWO Vanguards at Jersey :shock: Thank goodness I remembered the reg number!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!