World's funniest Joke - Official

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

World's funniest Joke - Official

Post by AllanL »

Quote:

"The world's funniest joke was unveiled by scientists today at the end of the largest study of humour ever undertaken.

For the past year people around the world have been invited to judge jokes on an Internet site as well as contribute quips of their own.

The LaughLab experiment conducted by psychologist Dr Richard Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, attracted more than 40,000 jokes and almost two million ratings.

As well as identifying the joke which appealed most to people around the world, the experiment revealed wide humour differences between nations.

Scans conducted on people being told jokes also identified the brain's laughter centre - a region near the back of the frontal lobes.

The joke which received the highest global ratings was submitted by 31-year-old psychiatrist Gurpal Gosall, from Manchester.

It reads as follows:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?" "

The joke is believed to be based on a '51 Goon Show script by Spike Milligan - certainly has his stamp about it.

The whole thing sounds like an exercise by sad po-faced psychologists to gain street cred by collecting jokes to impress their kids.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Alan

i think the Goon Show sketch went.

(Spike) He's been shot.

(Harry S) Badly?

(Spike) No, He's Dead.

I might be wrong though.

Regards
Rick :wink:

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

This is rather odd. the "world's best joke" was highlighted on ceefax, but I've just spotted on a web link that the research was four years ago. Maybe it takes the BBC four years to get a joke.

My personal favourite is:

A bloke phones an agency that advertises "we do anything anywhere anytime - no problem" and asks for them to send round their skinniest anorexic long-haired blonde.

When the girl arrives, he tells her to go into the lounge, take her clothes off, get down on all fours and brush her hair over her face. At first she objects, saying it's not that kind of agency, but he insists and goes out of the room.

He returns with an Afghan hound puppy on a lead, and solemnly walks the puppy round the girl three times without saying a word. By now the girl is getting seriously worried, then the bloke turns to the puppy, cuffs it round the ear and says

"See, that's how you'll grow up if you don't eat your din-dins."

I'll get my zimmer.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The funniest joke here is the suggestion that such things can be scientifically decided.

That's funnier than the joke................which is not that funny!

Garry :dunno:
Last edited by Garry Russell on 11 Jun 2006, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Ok........... you lost me!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Garry Russell wrote:The funniest joke here is the suggestion that such things can be scientifically decided.

That's funnier than the joke................which is not that funny!

Garry :dunno:
Ah, but it WAS, when Spike wrote it! :lol:

AndyG

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

World funniest joke-official

Post by Tomliner »

Not bad-try this.Girl has problems getting boyfriends, getting despondent goes to doctor,but regular doctor on hols,stand in doc is oriental.She explains her problem to which he replies'you take off all your croves'.She does.Then he says'get down all fours and crawr away from me'A bit unusual she thinks, must be some mystical oriental treatment.Then he says 'now crawr back to me'.This is repeated a number of times after which he says'you suffer from Zackery syndrome'.Never heard of it she says,how would that stop me from getting a boyfriend?'Ah so' he says.Zackery syndrome mean your face zackery rike your a#se!!!.Byseebye EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

My favourite is the Swedish Chemist Shop

And the difference between spray on and roll on

Read with a Swedish accent

Customer...........I want please to purchase some deoderant

Chemist..............Certainly Sir...do you want ball or aeresol?

Customer............Neither, I want it for under my arms!

:redface: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

andy

Post by andy »

Garry, That's just the pits................! :smile: :lol: :lol: :lol: