Our Hobby

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

Chris Halpin wrote: and badge laden baseball hats in 25 degree heat?!.
LMFAO, I always wondered how bloody much they weigh!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

There's a guy I always see at the AVP at EGCC. Whether I'm working and just passing through or there for a bit of relaxation, you can guarantee he will be there.

Camera, bino's and a scanner with a small plastic earpiece cellotaped to his face. He makes me laugh because he does'nt even look at the aircraft. He has his back to the runway and only looks up if a rare or unusual aircraft arrives.

So in hindsight he just turns up every day and does'nt really do anything apart from get himself noticed and get ridiculed by people like me! :lol:

At least he's doing something he enjoys though. And I suppose it gives him a day out from the care centre. :think:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

You do get characters

I met one at Southend who told me he had never seen a DC 6
I pointed out that was one nosed into the hangar right in front of us.
He told me he knew that and was waiting for it to take of as he never counts it as seen unless it's flying..........It took off about three months later, I wonder if he waited.:sad:

Then there was the Heathrow spotter who only wrote down all the BA and nothing else :roll:

Another who insisted the American Airlines had painted the wrong reg on a 767 because it ended AA in Civil Aircraft Markings and AN on the aircraft. I tried to explain why that one was AN and not AA but he insisted it was AA in the book so American had it wrong.

But....why though do some of these spotter stand right in by an aeroplane with the reg occupying most of the view area still have the get their telescopes out and check it........ :dunno:

Still at least they are enjoying themselves and not on the streets causing trouble

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Still at least they are enjoying themselves and not on the streets causing trouble
They are just causing trouble around military and civilian facilities the length and breadth of the country. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:whistle:

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

jonesey2k wrote:What also anoys me is people who post on the "local spotters forum" asking what was the reg of the plane that just flew over his house at xx:xx time. LOL?
Well, obviously someone is reading it. :wink:

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Hey Eddie that's me, how dare you! Only kidding!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Jetset wrote:Hey Eddie that's me, how dare you! Only kidding!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it might be!
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

:huf:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!