Ship Simulator 2006

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

andy

Post by andy »

.........and with a moniker like Jetty.............he's got the perfect mooring. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Steve wrote:
I guess it is a bit of an arcade game, but I like it, it is different,......
That's the old proverbial hit on the head mate. We all need a diversion sometimes and it doesn't seem to matter what direction the diversion comes from. I've never been a big fan of 'Sh1tkickers' but tried the game 'Gun' some months back. Sailors on horseback... nah, not a pretty sight :lol: I managed to get to the final level but couldn't find a way to beat it (the game that is) so I left it alone and finally got rid of it last week! :wink: Far too many keystrokes needed to be remembered for my liking but it was fun (albeit frustrated fun) for the most part and a welcome diversion :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Jetset wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, will need to get a new cap, a sailor one this time.
Would that be a sailor from Holland?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

it's all rick's fault, now i've just dusted off my sub game. nice to creep up on a tanker or to and send them to davy jones locker. what else can i do whilst resting from my flight's. :lol: :lol: :lol:
i've just looked at the sailing sim and having spent a number of years sailing around the oceans with the grey funnel line, for real. this sim is not that gripping for me. sorry chaps it get a thumbs down. it needs more zip and reality to cut the mustard. the internal views are rather bland, needs more work on them to bring upto the same level as flightsim.

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

You a fan of SHIII Then David?

I've been playing ship sim..thought it was good at first, after about 4 hours I very quickly got bored.

SHIII is still good fun though :D

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

I think it's fantastic!

Would have been nice to have a Riva Aquarama though, like the one for flightsim...
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Chris Trott wrote:Graeme, if you like sailing, then I'd suggest Virtual Sailor. That's what that program is geared to.
Haha, give it up Chris. Or post a seperate topic about it. :D

This looks pretty good. Especially since it's coming from professional simulations designers. This is obviously an offshoot from their corporate training schemes. (V-Step)

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Vixus, I bought ShipSim already. Greame was saying that boating wasn't to his liking so I suggested VS as it's geared towards what he was looking for. There is nothing wrong with suggesting an alternate when the person states that the given program isn't for them.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

For me being x grey funnel line, i have silent hunter 3. it's good to work out where the fleet is going to be and position myself so i can get as many hits as possible and then sink fast and creep away.
then when i have my four days off its back to the skies and buzz around here there and every where in the aircraft i like.

henk hugo
Viscount
Viscount

Post by henk hugo »

i get the following error..

AppName: questviewer.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: mpeg4system.dll
ModVer: 6.0.1051.2 Offset: 00040052