Fuel-ish thing to do......Gotta be my age!!!!!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Fuel-ish thing to do......Gotta be my age!!!!!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Yesterday I had nearly a morning to myself and what better way to spend it by flying.

BAC 1-11 East Midland to Dublin. Took off with 80% fuel loading leaving the centre tank empty.

Then Dublin to Glasgow. After landing put in my flight plan for Newcastle then oh heck!!! Forgot the wifes' instructions.......put out the washing!! Came back in.....then straight out to water the plants.......phone rings........time was getting on so quickly started engines.......taxied out....... took off........half way to Newcastle suddenly realised I forgot to refuel!!!! :doh:

Final approach was manual control on the ILS with left tank 0% and right tank showing 3% landed to the right of the centre line and on taxying in left engine died!!..........Somehow I don't think you guys would want me as a VA pilot!!!!!!
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Of course we would want you. The way flynet works its almost impossible to forget to fuel up.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I like the way you said 'almost' there Joe!! :lol: As with most things that require human input.. if it can go wrong, it will at some point! :wink:

At least you got it down on the deck Nigel. The One-Eleven doesn't glide particularly well at low speed! :roll: :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

The One-Eleven doesn't glide particularly well at low speed!
Believe me Dave........I have no intention of finding out!!!! :redface:

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Nigel,

As Joe says, it's pretty difficult to forget to fuel on FlyNET as you have to go 'through' the refuel page before you start flying. I think the guys will agree, FlyNET certainly makes you think a bit more about your flying and I certainly think it's made me a more disciplined flyer.

The beauty of the VA is that there is lots of choice and there is no pressure to fly. I have to warn you though, it IS addictive.

See you soon ?

Rgds

John

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Ive done that a few times. In fact Ive had to divert a few times because Ive had headwinds ect :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

John - Joe

Many thanks for your kind replies....love flying and the challenges it brings.....If it is as addictive as this Forum then I can see myself not getting any work down around the house!!!!! :lol:

I think I may wait until I get a more powerful computer and also still on dial-up with a two hour limit (NTL no less) then have to log back on!!!

My wife (bless her) will sometime during this year be taking another course so hopefully she will need broadband for that........ :prayer: