Doesn't it make you sick...........?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

I love the R5 GT Turbo's as well. Although I'm too old for one now and if I ever did, my missus would probably batter me. Image

I guess I've never really grown up! :lol:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

J_Eden
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by J_Eden »

I thought boy racers over here in NZ were bad enough, but that thing takes the cake! (no offence!)

Working with cars on a daily basis, it's amazing to see what lengths people will go to in order to show off. Put a $2000 stereo system in, $3000 worth of mags and tyres, neons, pod filter, lower it, and blowoff valve - all on a car (say a 1989 Toyota Corolla) they brought for $500 :doh:

James

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

James theres plenty worse than that, visit http://www.barryboys.co.uk :lol:

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

Great link Toby. :lol: :lol:

Jon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thehappyotter

think insurers should offer some hefty discounts if people pass an advanced course
Unfortunately they don't.........When I have rung these insurance companies to ask if they offer discounts for holding an Advanced Driving Certificate their response is........"we don't take that into consideration...............yet"!!!!

If motorists go out of their way to improve their driving skills and to make them safer drivers then insurance companies should recognise this and reward them accordingly.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

I'm sure it all boils down to the insurers wanting to make as much money as possible...

The way I figure it, they'd save a lot more in the long run as higher trained drivers are much less likely to have an accident.

When I passed my Grade 1 course at work the instructor went as far as to say that if the system was followed correctly, we'd never have an accident which was our fault.

Fingers crossed...

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

thehappyotter wrote:the instructor went as far as to say that if the system was followed correctly, we'd never have an accident which was our fault.
I'm surprised at that as I don't think anyone or any instuctor should safely say that you will never have an accident if you do everything textbook fashion.

No-one can predict the unpredictable but only follow what the rules say. Namely to use a system that is methodical, safe and leaves nothing to chance.

During high response runs or pursuits anything can and often does happen. We have a mixture of Police and civilian instructors who are jointly competetant but obviously the civvies have'nt had the Police experience. :think:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

There is a key bit of that sentence right at the end of it.

He never promised that it wouldn't be someone else's fault...