Designated bases for fleet aircraft

New pilots report here for all info regarding recruitment and airline rules.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I don't mind saving up for a Chippie!! :wink: Whatelse is one to spend one's hard earned virtual dosh on and it should be half the cost of a Dove. Still not fussed either way as I love flying both :wink:

Can the personal hack be any aircraft Chris or is there a list to choose from??

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Graeme
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Graeme »

Thanks Dave,

I've got my eye on G-AROI, so long as I can find a route back to Liverpool with her :-)

Cheers,
--Graeme

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

At this time, Konny has no restrictions. There has been talk in the past of restricting it to only aircraft with no more than 10 seats and 1000KG of cargo to ensure that we don't have people flying "big jets" as personal aircraft considering that the costs are incurred at the rate of 1x instead of 50x,100x, or 1000x like the VA's costs are and several other previously voiced concerns. Any personal plane can't be flown for revenue though, so no instructing or side-jobs (yet...). So if you save enough, you could buy your own Boeing 747-400ER, but you'd never make money with it. :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

So.. what happens then Chris??

Say you want to buy something not already on the database. I presume the aircraft has to be added in order for the client to know what the hell is happening.. so that you can be recorded going from A to B while at the same time charging you for the fuel and noting your maint. Someone will have to work out how much it is worth so that you can have this deducted from your salary.

Any further info you have will be most welcome as I'm sure there are a few here who fancy owning their own charges :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

yes one might be tempted to own one's own aircraft. what it might be who knows and it's dependent on cost. at this time i'll be using the dove as it don't cost me anything, in the future what else do we spend our va wages on. :think:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

David,

Log into flynet and click on hanger under profile and then follow the links. You already have enough to buy yourself a Piper J3 cub.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

To which dave do you refer, HEE! HEE! sorry could not help myself.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yeh.. right. The chances of me buying a J3 are less than that of hell freezing over :lol: I'll wait thanks :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

We can add any airplane to the CBFS system for personal use as long as it's civilian. I don't believe it's yet been decided if warbirds will be allowed for personal use, so for now I'd suggest not considering them as possible.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I think warbirds for personal use would be OK if surplus examples have been sold to the public.
Or maybe if you can find them listed for private sale today, that would make setting the prices easier.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.