Registration Numbers.

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Registration Numbers.

Post by blanston12 »

I have been working on a PSA repaint for the default DC-3. I am almost finished but can't figure out how to turn off the display of the registration numbers. Does anybody know what controls this?

One annoying thing I found about the default DC-3 is that the textures on the starboard side of the tail is a mirror of other side and any text on it is reversed.

Any other suggestions or criticisms are welcome.

My Repaint

The original

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0238868/L/
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

briwith
Viscount
Viscount

Post by briwith »

I believe the registration display is controlled from the aircraft.cfg file. Try inserting: atc_id_enable=0 above the atc_id= line in the relevant [fltsim.xx] section of the .cfg file.

As a temporary measure, you can also switch off the registration by unticking the "show aircraft id" box in the callsign change bit of the aircraft select menu.

Regards,

Brian W

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TBH Default is indeed and awfulk thing to paint.

On top of the tail trouble you can't have wing markings.

You are best as Brian saysto turn off the reg, I think I left that blank in the cfg and add it to the paint.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

briwith wrote:I believe the registration display is controlled from the aircraft.cfg file. Try inserting: atc_id_enable=0 above the atc_id= line in the relevant [fltsim.xx] section of the .cfg file.
Thanks Brian that took care of it. I am going to have to figure out what to do about the tail, I can leave it as is and it will look correct on the left side but backwards on the right. Or I could remove the airlines initials and just have the stripes across the tail. Incorrect but its the same on both sides. I will probably leave the initials and take the flak.

Last edited by blanston12 on 04 Jul 2006, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Cusick,

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Joe

There are quite a few already on the net with back to front tail on the right, registration letters etc.

Why not do the change you mention and put both sets in and let the user decide if they want to fly incorrect or back to front starboard.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Good advice Garry, thats what I will do.
Thanks.
Joe Cusick,