Aeroplane Heaven Sea Hurricane

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kofi
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Aeroplane Heaven Sea Hurricane

Post by Kofi »

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I'd love to say I like this mate as 7L is one of my fave Hurricanes but I don't like the paint. Ideally, the model should look like it 'belongs' in the sim and I don't think this does. What I mean by that is.. the model looks like it's been cut out and pasted into the shots and that is all down to the paint :sad:
I doubt it will stop me downloading it mind you but I really do think that attempts to look photoreal haven't worked.. not for me anyway.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I think what you are actually saying Dave is that it is too good and thus looks incongruous in its environment. If the back drop could only look similarly real - the sea looking less like a scaled up millpond for starters - then I dont think you'd be saying what you are saying... if you get my drift.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Toby..

I do see what you're saying but on this occassion, no.. I meant what I said. There are ways of getting photoreal textures to look real and ways to make them look like they do above. You could get away with shot 1 I suppose if you didn't look too hard but the remainder are not right. The thing with photoreal textures is they have to be taken in a neutral light to look convincing in the sim.. almost impossible to achieve I agree but flip the coin and take a quick gander at DM's C1k.

We all know that Flightsim isn't real and sadly, 7L looks less real :roll: It depends on your perspective I suppose. My glass will always be half empty and not half full :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

VC10
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by VC10 »

To me in that second picture the a/c looks to stumpy, squashed longitudinally.

Paul
If God had meant us to fly, he would have given us tickets.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul,

I agree though this could be a result of squashing the photoreal textures onto the model. Here's one of the BBMF Hurricane's for reference..

You'll notice it doesn't have oversize prop blades either :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Kofi
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Kofi »

TobyVickers wrote:I think what you are actually saying Dave is that it is too good and thus looks incongruous in its environment. If the back drop could only look similarly real - the sea looking less like a scaled up millpond for starters - then I dont think you'd be saying what you are saying... if you get my drift.
I understand - How's this done by a friend of mine? (Real screenshot, nothing edited) :)

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

thats a sharp one
good reflecions off the AC