Help required on operating a turboprop throttle box

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Help required on operating a turboprop throttle box

Post by hobby »

I have recently designed a new panel for an OV-10 Bronco which uses the Beech King Air 350 throttle box. I have read through both the MS and Werner Schott's checklist but I am unable to decide at what points in the flight that one should set 'low idle' and also how to operate the prop condition lever as in the real world.

Obviously I am not a pilot and help from those who have experience of flying twin turbo prop aircraft would be appreciated.

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

I find that in MS9,flying the kingair,if you set the fuel levers to the low setting,and prop control levers full fwd,then start engs,once engs are settled down,bring prop control levers in line with the fuel levers low pos,the gently open throttles until she starts to move then pull throttle levers back slightly to maintain taxi speed,once you line up on runway,put fuel and prop levers fully fwd for t/o.
once airbourne and aircraft is clean,you can pull the prop and throttles back slightly,to maintain climb,and cruise speeds.
i dont know if this is correct for real prop aircraft,but i find it works in fs9.
hope this helps,no doubt someone here,more akin to prop aircraft will put you right,on any points that i may have got wrong.
regads alan.