Small Mod to the C-47A panel...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Small Mod to the C-47A panel...

Post by petermcleland »

Not really for the purists but I find it convenient to use the SimFlyers GPS, even if I am flying this lovely old girl. Three small mods to the Panel.cfg file give me the results I need...

Just over the clock on the left side you can see the NAV/GPS switch. This enables me to lock onto a flightplan track as you can see here. The switch must be at GPS and the keyboard command to lock to the track is CTRL+N.

Those two chaps are busy chatting away again. I notice that the co-pilot drinks a lot of coffee.

The rest of the sequence and the edits for the Panel.cfg file are here:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

Thanks for looking :dance:

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Had a look at the other sequence Peter - so good I am tempted to shell out for the aircraft. Many thanks for sharing.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Filonian wrote:Had a look at the other sequence Peter - so good I am tempted to shell out for the aircraft. Many thanks for sharing.
It is a very fine package Graham there is absolutely nothing else quite like it in FS. You start with the CD and with that installed there are loads of free and very special add-ons and updates that you download from MAAM.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Peter do you know that mark beaumont has brought out a panel that replaces the sperry with a modern radio and auto pilot section. that's what i have in my MAAM DC3 for when i dont want to fly by hand and let the auto do the work. i would have posted a picture but in the process of putting my fs9 back together again, after a major crash.
http://www.swiremariners.com/dc3FS9.html have a look at the bendix and sperry auto pilot panels.near the bottom of the fs2004 section. Maam also has the files and well worth a shufty. love this old girl a dream to fly.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Peter just found out that the fuel setting on the BBMF and Warton models are incorrect. they have been set at fuel scalar 0.7 and should read 0.97.
you could copy the fuel scalar from the other four models that are correct. posted on DC3 Airways site from Mark Beaumont. just to let you know.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

david balmer wrote:Peter just found out that the fuel setting on the BBMF and Warton models are incorrect. they have been set at fuel scalar 0.7 and should read 0.97.
you could copy the fuel scalar from the other four models that are correct. posted on DC3 Airways site from Mark Beaumont. just to let you know.
David,

Thanks for that...it is noted. The original R4D from Roy Chaffin had a standard Autopilot up in the roof panel and you could use it OR the Sperry. However, I have become rather attached to the Sperry and prefer to use it. I can lock to tracks and do Auto ILS Approaches by using the keyboard commands I mentioned. I think the Sperry and those magnificent twin needle gauges all go together extremely well and I like the combination. I have fitted the SimFlyer GPS as a pop up panel only, so that I can pretend it isn't there :lol:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Peter,
can't complain about that, i have the sperry for all my DC3's for the times i want to do things the old correct way. only two aircraft have been doctored for the modern panels.If and when i want to go modern'ish. all the old war horses are staying as they should be. can't mess around with those.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Having said all that about Autopilots, this aeroplane is probably the very best of em all for manual flying and it trims so beautifully that you can leave it alone for ages while you do other things. I notice also that it behaves in a most realistic way in turbulence...Just nip out into Spot View and watch it in slight bumps...Lovely!

I wonder how they do that :think: