info reguarding flynet aircraft ?

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

info reguarding flynet aircraft ?

Post by david balmer »

What info is required by flynet to place an aircraft within the hanger for us pilots to buy and use as our private runabouts. there are cessna's listed but not the 206 stationair II. Sorry if find fs9 default aircraft rather, you know what i would say but they don't cut the mustard for me.
As the VA gets bigger and better i would like to own my own aircraft as a run about, then it would not be pinched from under my nose. thankfully this has not happened to me yet.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi David,

The info required is the same for all aircraft mate..

Manufacturer :
Model :
ICAO Code :
Max Passengers :
Market value (What would it cost to buy) :
Dry operating weight :
Max zero fuel wt :
Max take-off wt :
Cargo capacity (In pax config) :
Normal/econ cruise speed :
Number of engines :

Once all the relevant holes are filled in and approved, the aircraft can be included into the database :wink: I'm not sure what the procedure is for personal purchase but I'm sure one of our 'learned' readers will put you right :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

thanks for the info dave, what i'am getting at with personal use is what do i spend my va cash on. so i'll be saving up a bit longer to get a private aircraft to ferry around the airports with. variety is the spice of life :wink:
ps where do i find new costing for aircraft, i don't have a clue where to look.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's a good point David and one that I'm not totally sure of either as much will be guestimated. If the aircraft is new and still in production.. finding the correct price shouldn't be too difficult. The problem comes when the aircraft is no longer in production :shock: If this is the case and by some chance you are able to find the 'new' price.. this, especially if its been out of production for some time will undoubtedly be inappropriate so.. look for something similar which is in production or go the other way and estimate what $X is worth at today's prices. If the guestimated price is reasonable.. I'm sure ChrisT and/or the other two database guy's will have no problem accepting it :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

do you think christ would accept 10 shillings and a pack of woodbines :lol: will start to have a look around.thanks dave

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Prices are current market valuse, not new. If they're out of production, go looking for one that's up for sale and in reasonable condition (i.e. something you'd buy and be able to fly it immediately, not becuase you're willing to buy it and then do a lot of restoration work on it).

For example, the C210M isn't built anymore, but a good-condition C210 runs around $95,000 - $110,000 in the US (dunno about Britain, but they tend to be close as I've found). So, I'd set the price at $100,000 to get the "median market value".

There's several places online that post ads, so I'd just do a Google search or similar for the aircraft type and append "for sale" at then end and it should get posts. If all else fails and none list a price, ring them up and see if you can get the price. Tell them you're pricing aircraft because you want one in a year or two and need to know how much you need to have on hand and approved for financing from the bank before you start seriously shopping. Most owners are hesitant to give the price in public, but I've found most more than willing to give you a value if you call them and use that explanation.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Hi Chris, here is the ifo required that i could find.

Cessna U206G
Stationair 6 II
8 passengers
price second hand approx $190.000 2006 vesion all electronic $480.000
Baggage 180lbs
Fuel 348.2ltrs
usable 329lbs

for the next part there are two sets of figures, one for the wheel version and the other for float.

wheel version
147knt cruise
14,800ft ceiling
dry weight 1,989 lbs
max weight 3612lbs

float version

132kts cruise
ceiling 13,900ft
dry weight 2329 lbs
max weight 3512 lbs

cessna web site have these weights fro wheel version only

max landing weight 3600lbs
ramp weight 3614 lbs
max useful weight 1,380lbs
empty weight 2,234lbs

hope this info is ok.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

David, if you could do me a huge favor and put that up, I don't have a lot of time online as I'm packing for vacation.

Here's the link, I'll be sure to let the other Admin's know to approve it if I don't get a chance.

http://flynet.en-studios.de/index.php?l ... status2=db

Just fill in the notes as requested. If you're doing the "historic" C206, then I'd put "no" under the "Still In Production" box. If you're doing a new-build C206, then put "yes".