More Flynet Woes

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

From what I remember the BEA Tridents were only Heathrow based.

The Super One-Elevens were Manchester based from new

I don't recall Tridents based anywhere else except BHX when there were a couple flying for BEA Channel Islands division. These two did not go to the CI but mainly, I think BHX Paris

Of course they joined the other two IE with northeast division based at Newcastle but that was separate to the main BEA/BA operation at that time.

Channels two Tridents were Stansted based.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys

Re the Tridents, I'm looking at getting routes for the T2's from Manchester and anywhere else I can find info on. I got a couple of books at Duxford one of which has a photo of a Trident about to operate the inaugural flight from Manchester to Paris. Flicking through another book on BEA history whilst at Duxford indicated several destinations served by Tridents from Manchester. The book was a bit steep at £25 so I didn't bother. I've since ordered it from WH Smiths for £16.50 along with a couple of other books - one on Vickers Viscount & Vanguard and the other a history of BOAC so hopefully should be able to get some info there.

Rgds

John

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

1966 mentions flights from Mancester to various

I give you the link as there might be other things of interest.

http://www.bamuseum.com/museumhistory60-70.html

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I wondered if you'd resist the temptation John :lol: Nice book and to all intents, the correct price but.. as with all things, you can get it cheaper somewhere else. You got a good deal from WH Smiths :wink:

Ben.. I usually use Man as my hub and it takes me a day to scroll down the 1-11's before I get to the 'others' :lol: Some nice flights from there :wink:

Interesting that you can hang on for 45mins and the Client may still appear John. Sadly, all my flights are timed to how much time I have available. This afternoon's 'hang' added to an already poor day I'm afraid. Never mind.. I'm there now and so is the Dove :wink:

Good link that Garry and one oft missed :wink:

I'm going to try and get to Brooklands tomorrow and get some firm Merchantman loading for you.. routes too :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ben..

Just a quickie ref these intermittent Client probs. I think you may have something in your router suggestion. I don't understand the technicalities behind it but the last time I got a client reporting 'no flight booked'.. the reason appears to be because it was not connected. The internet still worked fine as did FlyNET but not the client.
For reasons unknown.. I can get away with say 5 flights but the sixth can report 'no booked flight'. So.. the last time it happened, I reset the wireless router and got straight in!! :shock: :roll:
Mighty odd that everything else works except the client but a router reset appears to sort it out :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!