Damned flies!

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Act of God....get the church to sort it....they are the earthly agents.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Ascot55
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ascot55 »

One of the engineers at work showed us how to get rid of our Dave!

"Flick" the screen gently near Dave but not on him! Keep flicking until Dave reaches the bottom of the screen and vanishes.

RIP Dave :-({|=

Happy Flicking

Steve

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Ascot55 wrote:One of the engineers at work showed us how to get rid of our Dave!

"Flick" the screen gently near Dave but not on him! Keep flicking until Dave reaches the bottom of the screen and vanishes.

Happy Flicking

Steve
Just make sure you get the right Dave! :k:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Alternately, might I suggest careful use of a screwdriver to get the case off your TFT screen, remove "Dave's" remains and reassemble said TFT screen. If Samsung dont seem too helpful its doubtful you'd be able to claim for much else under warranty. Thats what I'd do anyway. :dunno:

Ascot55
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ascot55 »

Honestly "No Duff" Flicking it down will sort the problem. You've just got to do more "flicking" (I did say flicking) than most. Due to Dave's position!

Steve

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Don't worry Jonesey: I've just acquired exactly the same problem! HAHA :lol:

Mine isn't too noticable though!

Cheers,
Andy M.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Ascot55 wrote:One of the engineers at work showed us how to get rid of our Dave!

Happy Flicking

Steve

OMG! Hes gone! I tried slapping the monitor on the top to no avail... I just tried your tip and he went straight to the bottom! I owe thee a virtual pint!

*edit* No he aint, Was hiding behind a full stop :(

*another edit* I decided to be a bit more forcefull with the pixels and now hes gone for good this time. I think I need to rig up some sort of net on the open windows.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Mine seems to have slipped all by its self during the night! :dance:
Andy M.

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Well, if I'd been flying CFS I'd have been shouting "Tally-ho, bandits 2 o'clock high, 10 o'clock high, 3 o'clock low". I've been following a few across my screen since yesterday and I think one of the little buggers has died with his feet glued to the backlight. Mine seemed to be on the front of the backlight as opposed to the back of the TFT so tapping isn't working for me. Hopefully he'll drop off overnite.

Acer say "Not covered by warranty" (3 years manu)
Comet say "It's out of warranty and not covered anyway" (12 months shop then manu)
Which Magazine solicitor says "You are covered for 6 years under sales of goods act, send Comet a letter".

I was thinking about getting a large screen LCD television at some point but am having second thoughts now if this is a generic problem with insect ingress with LCD screens.

Rgds

John