Dove

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

markyp
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Dove

Post by markyp »

Hi all,

From my previous post I come onto my next question.

Could anyone do a breakdown of the fuel planning for the Dove for say a 200nm trip crusing at 5000ft??

Do they include RES, ALT and all that? I guess someone must know this from Air Atlantique info?

Please could this include fuel burn figures for takeoff, climb, cruise and what settings I would be setting at those points??

Thanks a mill

Mark

Graeme
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Graeme »

Hi Mark,

If no one else has responded, I'll have a look tonight and see if I can come up with some basic figures for you.

The Dove planning should be quite easy compared to the Trident and 748 :smile:

Cheers,
--Graeme

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Mark.. have I not done this already :curse:

Have a look in the CBFS VA forum and you'll find the fuelburn figures for the Dove there :wink:

edit.. http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsimv5/cbfsbb/v ... php?t=6175
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

markyp
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by markyp »

Hi all,

Graeme that would be grand thankyou.

Sorry I was trying to get info also for how Air Atlantique or someone like that do there fuel planning:

In the terms of HOLD, RES, APP FUEL all that kind of thing as it is a legal requirement, so they must have to keep to something??

Brian gave me all this kind of info for the Dragon, so thought someone may have this for the Dove as it is another fav of mine!!

Is there Max payload anywhere?
Max fuel load?
ZFW figures?

I guess these are somewhere?

Thanks

Mark

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Mark,

As you obviously need this info for flying the Dove on the VA.. check the link here as this is how she is set up.. http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsimv5/cbfsbb/v ... 93&start=0

Much of what you are enquiring about doesn't really apply to this sort of aircraft mate though it is always prudent to lean towards caution :wink: Incidentally, the model was put together and the figures listed with it using amongst other things, the Air Atlantique Ops manual and there is no mention of what you have to carry as a legal requirement. Hold.. well, what are you likely to be held for.. say 30mins at most well, if the aircraft cruises at 2400/+2 and burns 116kgh.. then 58kg (call it 60) will do for that. APP Fuel.. no such thing mate for the Dove. Calculate what you burn from start to alt then to be totally safe, use that amount for descent. You shouldn't burn anywhere near the same amount as you'll be throttled back but you've gained another few kg for safety.
RES.. again, I can find no reference to RES fuel for the Dove so carry what you think is suitable.
You've not mentioned fuel for Diversion but this will change depending on destination airfield. Once again.. work it out by distance and time.. even dirty will do. Cruising at 160kts.. if a diversion is 80nm then you know that you're gonna use roughly 60kg. When you are happy you've covered all contingencies.. take that amount with you. Better to land with excess fuel than on vapour!!

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!