G-AMPY

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

G-AMPY

Post by hobby »

Sorry to hear that default cannot be fitted with these new textures. Many thanks to all who replied.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Hobby

Texture mapping is always unique to the model so it is not possible to use one make of a type with another.

Even types within a set like 1-11 200-500 or Viscount 700-800 could not be used as the positioning or details are different....so it's exact matching...although some within a set could be modified but that is limited to different versions of one type by the same authour.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

There is a similar scheme for G-AMPZ done for the default DC3 available on avsim. File name: dc3_raf.zip
Dave G.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

GAMPY

Post by hobby »

For DaveG:

Just downloaded recommended zip for default DC3. I shall have to make do with that one. 'Royal Air Force Transport Command' has been rendered in blue, I think that it should have been black but the author says that his repaint is an early effort, zip is dated 2003.

Thank you for pointing out the RAF zip.

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: GAMPY

Post by DaveG »

hobby wrote: 'Royal Air Force Transport Command' has been rendered in blue, I think that it should have been black.
:redface: Oops, I've done the same on 'AMPY. That'll teach me to examine the photo's better :lol:
Hey ho, back to Photoshop.
Dave G.

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Steve M »

Hmmph
I thought I'd got away with it after nearly 3 years. Look upon it as faded black after all this time as I'm not doing it again.
Steve M :axe:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

could i have a copy of that for the MAAM please. not many british paint jobs for the MAAM.

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

sorry forget last note,saw first pictures then went straight to last entry. did not know that you had placed a link for upload half way through article. that's me now eating humble pie for a week. :redface: