Review of the "Hunter" and "Hunter-Trainer

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hasegawa
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Review of the "Hunter" and "Hunter-Trainer

Post by hasegawa »

Andreas R. Schmidt
Potsdam, Germany
and Riga, Latvia

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for the review :smile:
Had to put the page though Babelfish, which came up with some interesting translations!
This „Hunter“ belongs to the really mad Freeware airplanes
sums it up nicely :lol:
Dave G.

hasegawa
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Dave, forget Babelfish... i like Your aircraft...

Post by hasegawa »

:lol: :smile: and i tell this the other guys...

http://dict.leo.org/?search=on-line+W%F ... de&lang=de

I use this one for translations.

Your aircraft isn´t mad... :smile: it is a great Jet for Pilots, who want to learn to fly and not only to push buttons.

Summary: Nice aircraft, many interesting details from the various series like the wing-leading-edge-extension on the later Series, the tanks, that can be removed on the trainers... the new great sound available with the Trainers can be used with all aircraft... I like the textures, from so many different aircraft with all the history of the Hunter, from the beginning to the last used trainers.
The functional VC is another good point. I use (in tradition) the 2D-panel but many of the younger pilots want fly all aircraft with the VC...

It is good for aerobatics, the only thing, it looks, that it can´t spin.
(I can´t spin with it, can it?)

For some of the german virtual pilots, not so familar with the Hunter like in the UK or in Switzerland, a little bit information about the aircraft is needed and some check-lists are welcome. Is it correct, that the tanks of all of your aircraft are similiar in size? Is there a difference between the Sapphire-powered and the Avon-powered aircraft?

I found a notice, that the original Mk. 1 to Mk. 3 have smaler tanks and a limited range, and this was the problem how the early series are so fast withdrawn from service... is this correct? :think:

With compliment to You and your team

Andreas R.
Last edited by hasegawa on 31 Jul 2006, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas R. Schmidt
Potsdam, Germany
and Riga, Latvia

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Andreas, you may already know about this, but this is a great site to learn about cold-war era British jets. May be worth sending this link on to some of your German friends :smile:

hasegawa
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

I have made a link direct from the review...

Post by hasegawa »

to this forum and can only hope, this is o.k. Good thing ... a support forum for these aircraft. In the past I have tested some commercial product´s without...

Toby, Your hint is a good site, and think, some of our younger pilots can learn many things from this one. I made an entry in our list... and in flusi24.de

Great, many thanks for it.
Andreas R. Schmidt
Potsdam, Germany
and Riga, Latvia