HS Trident G-AWZK Merchandise

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Saw her in the flesh today and had a little chat with Neil 'Trident-Man'. Its looking good apart from the Airport bods being a shower of sh!te with regards to the progress of the project. Grrrrr....! :curse:
Last edited by VEGAS on 05 Aug 2006, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Guess I ought to be careful what I say, but I think whats happened is this:

Since we have started there have been a number of significant staff changes at the airport. I think the people who we worked with to start with were more pro-viewing park and more aware of whats involved, however they didnt commit anything to contract. Those there nowthink the costs are higher than they should be and are less willing to part with the money. Amongst the quotes that have been made, one (our preferred company) is sensible (but not cheap) and another is downright silly (far too high). So I think the way forward is to raise more money ourselves so the airport dont have to contribute as much themselves. Cost is the sticking point.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Seems such a shame things get to a point like this during progress as everything is going so well.

All the hard work in getting her to EGCC has been done and as Neil said today, completion could do with being sooner rather than later as the days as soon becoming shorter and he sets to lose crucial daylight hours as the Autumn draws closer. :sad:

I hope they resolve the issues. :smile:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Plus its been two years since the wings and tail were cut and all those parts now sit unprotected on the grass :sad: Whilst Ali doesnt corrode as quickly or noticeably as ferrous metals, it does and will oxidise and I urged the MAN to rebuild ASAP for this reason.