Updated MAAM C-47...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Mark, i'll answer your question first. yes all the cfg's are different for the cargo,passenger and the c-47's. as i gather the flynet data has been set up with the default dc3. for me i fly just the Maam on the va and take what the program gives me.
There are a few odd things happen, mainly the four tanks drop to three. this nearly put me in the drink the first long distance flight i made within flynet. so i now know that the main tanks will fill and the right aux. this still gives me in excess of 800miles.
the passenger version will be changed at a later date, mark beaumont is currently working with others to make this happen. Also so more repaints of canadian aircraft.
the main problem with the default aircraft is it's settings. firstly it fire's off at over 700fpm, too fast normaly these aircraft would climb at 500ftpm. the quality and sounds are some what poor. For me after flying the Maam nothing else would do.

Paul,
glad to hear that you have got easy steering for your DC3. well if you go to the MAAM site. there is a section called free stuff. within that is a section for the DC3/C47. this is further split into three sections.
modifications/ textures and scenery

within the modifications are the files for the IFR/Bendix panels. there are two variations and one being the full panel and the other just an extra little window. the files are placed within it's own folder and you have to transfer models/textures and do a bit of writing within the aircraft.cfg. takes time if you have a few aircraft to do. i'am doing this today just for the passenger version and will post a shot later for you.

you might be intersted in this link. i use gadwin for my screen shots. very easy to use. just set up the required picture size then off you go.
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

mark, you only have to change the fuel scalar on the C47 add-on. BBMF and Warton, due to incorrect settings applied to the aircraft.cfg

Paul here are two shots of the bendix autopilot modification. you can fly either the standard sperry or have this panel. the modern fuel gauge works a treat when flying a new route and you need to log the correct fuel used. flynet for some reason has mr using 145kg on one flight then the same flight next time 45kg.

have not used the cd player as yet, to modern for me.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Good stuff, Dave. I think what I'll do is fit the Bendix system to those planes which actually exist today out in the real world ( e.g. the BBMF Dakota and the MAAM R4D ), and leave the historical ones with their original Sperry sets.

Grabbed that Gadwin screen capture proggy too, ta very much. I use FS Screenshooter at the moment, but this one looks a bit more versatile.

Thanks for all your help with this, both you and DaveB. I'm really enjoying this wonderful aircraft. I did a night-time trip over London this afternoon in the BEA version, from and back to Gatwick. A fairly good approach, bit under the GS at times, but touched down light as a feather. A lot of fun. :smile:

One more thing: how do you get a CD player in your plane ? I can't even find a cup holder in mine! :lol:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

you only get the cd player in the modified panel, still not used it yet. if and when you download the files,read the info contained. their is one class of DC3 that this panel will not work in. glad your having fun with the old girl. Are you flying to the recommended flight settings as per manual or just buzzing around for now.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Flying with the recommended settings but just taking off, spending some time seeing how she flies, then back to base. :smile:

By the way Dave and DaveB ( and everyone else for that matter ) are you aware of any potential problems in the pipeline using FS2004 aircraft with the forthcoming FSX ? Will they be okay asthey are, or will they require some reworking ? Anyone raised this with MS ?

Right, off to bed soon as I'm flying up to Scotland early in the morning. See you all when I get back. :smile:

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Maam has assured us that when fsx comes out that there will be a remod for the DC3 to work within this sim. all mods come free and can be downloaded from the Maam site. if you wish to find out more then go over to the DC3 Airways forum, Mark beaumont and some others that work on the Maam team has posted articles on this subject. no fear this package should not become redundant when fsx comes online.
as for me i'll stick with fs9 for a while as the story goes vista ( windows) is well lets say not very good and has been delayed. fsx looks good with the fancy pictures. but we all know pictures can be doctored to look great.
well it's the early afternoon here and the sun is shining and the family is at the cottage and i can play with fs9, no nagging. :dance:

markyp
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by markyp »

Hi all,

Sorry am still a little confused by all this!

I have just bought the MAAM DC3 and I fly with the VA, therefore where do I go from here?

What do I need to do? I have read this whole thread and it has confused me somewhat!! not hard I know but....!

Thanks

Mark

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

Mark, just noticed your message.

Ok Maam as from the box will be ok for the VA. the only problem i have had is the fuel gauges and settings. within the cargo and passenger aircraft you will notice a fuel gauge showing four tanks.
So when you load your aircraft in fs 9 ( not flynet as yet ) go to the fuel and load section. remove all figures from the centre and centre 1 section. only leave 10kg in the left and right section. this amount gives you time to load the aircraft into flynet with engines running. work the switch's for fuel pumps and lights, then gps. only then you connect to flynet giving the amount of fuel required for the trip.
The fuel gauge will then show amounts in the right/left tanks only, unless more fuel is required then it will show up in the right aux tank only. for some reason the left aux is made redundent for the MAAM aircraft by flynet. with all three tanks full you will get 800miles and a bit.

If you download the C47 Add on from Maam, self installing. this will give you a further five aircraft with working VC. NOT the passenger or cargo version as yet. that is being worked on at this time. the fuel scalar setting is for two of the Add on aicraft as the setting were wrong. THE MAAM STANDARD PACKAGE IS CORRECT.

within the standard Maam package it tell you about the easy steering aircraft.cfg. follow the above instuctions and this makes the rather unresponsive DC3 turn like a cessna. if you have not got pedals and independate throttle's the modification is very handy to have.

if you require further clarification into the mod changes just shout and i'll try and help.