Anyone live in or near Rugby?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Anyone live in or near Rugby?

Post by TobyV »

I will be moving to this area soon. Does anyone know any good places to live around there and anywhere dodgy that should be avoided?

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hi Toby,

Sorry don't know the area whatsoever. But heres a lift for your info upmystreet.com which relates to various stats & figures. Theres quite a bit of info on the site about any location you may be moving to in that area. Have a scan thorough it to get a HU on local areas.

Crime, Schools, Local Councils, Kebab shops (:dance:) etc.

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/l/Rugby.html

May be of some use. Sorry I can't be any more helpful. :dunno:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Toby . I haven't lived there for 40 years ( I was at school there) but I still visit it from time to time. It is still a pleasant market type town, with an industrial side dominated by what was GEC ( just by the station, where the very first run of the Whittle jet took place before the move to Lutterworth) ) and Rugby Portland Cement, about 2 miles north. There were few if any really rough areas, and you can get out of the town with a 5 minute drive in any direction. Are you looking to buy or rent? and do you want to be in the town or outside it? On the whole the nicer areas are to the west side of the town towards Dunchurch, barby, and ( to the southwest) Hillmorton

FWIW Chris

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hi Chris,

I will be working for Alstom, so I guess thats the former GEC site you mention. Its on Newbould road, although they arent sure yet whether I will have to work at the Leicester site to begin with for a few weeks.

I'm just starting out so I will be renting to start with. If they were to tell me I was going to the Leics site to start with I might look for somewhere half way between the two like Lutterworth, but since I probably wont know where I am working soon enough, I am probably going to go for Rugby.

Toby

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

Hi,

I live about 8 miles away and went to school there, I have family there too.

Avoid Brownsover, Overslade and Newbold Glebe Estate. :tuttut:

If you want to know if where you are looking is any good then send me a mail

[email protected]

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Thanks Rob, will bear that in mind. Phoned up one agent this afternoon about a place but it seems I am too soon off the starting blocks anyway!