How far will Flynet go with induced failures??

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just did a test in the Viscount. I have Frasers last published panel (NOT BETA)

I shut everything down and guess what... The gear still work! :shock:
In this senario CTRL G should be use to get the gear down as there is no hydraulics.

I tried the 748 again and that works fine.

Have you tried flying some flights with the new panel, but without flynet Dave? Just a thought. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Checked some of the other models too Dave, and CTRL G works fine. Could it be a bugette in the Viscount Model? Its not the newest. :think:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Ben :wink:

It's now the case that 99.99% of all flights I make are Flynet mate as it's handy (but ultimately dangerous) to beta test and keep the hours up at the same time :wink: I suppose that if you are lucky enough to be flying a model that will accept CtrlG, then it's not too drastic but there is little option but to bug out if what you're flying will have none of it!! One would presume that should you bite the bullet and go in gear up.. you and your crew/pax will not die but it will cost the airline dearly in reputation and will writeoff one aircraft. I don't like this aspect mate of flynet mate.. I don't like it at all!! :poke:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

TBF it is something that happens, ala ATP style. Maybe we could get Rick / Fraser to have a look and see why the Viscount is different from the rest? :worried: (I'm for it now :lol: )

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I agree Ben.. it is something that happens and I'd feel a little happier if I knew that CtrlG worked on the Viscount but as it doesn't.. I'm certainly not up for it!! Fraser has put a lot of work into the latest 810 and 802/806 panels and it is almost the case that you have your hands full just keeping up with the checklist in certain modes of flight. I honestly don't think his panels have anything to do with the fact that CtrlG won't work as main gear operation is standard code.. which is probably why Flynet will go for it.

Let's see how frequently a main gear failure happens before we embrace it as the norm :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Fair point Dave... and the gogs eventually turned too, If its a flynet failure, you can't recover it, just as you can't relight a failed engine, so once again your spot on matey. :wink:

ImageImageImage

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Guys.

Dave:

The old version of the client reset the fuel load to zero when you hit the 'Fly Booked Flight' button and then loaded fuel as required. With the new version of the client Konny has fixed the bug which reset the fuel to zero. The client then refuels the a/c mains/aux/tips/centre. The Viscount fuel tanks are aux and tips so all the fuel goes in the aux, so you could set up your fuel cocks before refuelling and the engines should remain running.
Re gear fail, with crash detect off, you should be able to do a gear up landing if unable to lower it. You would get a failure penalty against the VA but shouldn't get a 'crash'. I personally don't like any of the failures particularly as we maintain the aircraft well. If he wants to put them in to challenge the pilots skill then fine but I don't think it should affect the VA rating.

Ben

Re the old client not stopping your engines, as far as I'm aware most aircraft would have the engines stop as you refuelled the aircraft due to the fuel being set to zero. However, Konny had missed out Centre tanks 2/3 from the Client so the Centre tank 2 on the VC10 kept whatever fuel was in it and your engines remained running. This would also have massaged the fuel burn figures as you would always have this free fuel as a bonus. The new client will load the correct fuel now as it sees all tanks.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that John. :wink:

The way my gear down landings are going at present, I couldn't do any worse with the gear up so should it happen again, I'll bite the bullet and go in :wink:

ATB

ImageImage