VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Done :wink:

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Thanks John, thanks Dave.
It looks better like that. :smile:
ImageImage

John R
Meteor
Meteor

Post by John R »

Opp's :doh:

Sorry Dave, t'was I, I'd parked 748, G-ATAM, at Jersey and somebody flew it to Bournemouth.
I must admit 'DE looked very inviting just sat there on Saturday night. But with only 46kgs of avgas in the tanks, it would of been cheaper to buy a ticket... :dunno:

Yes it was an oversight, I thought I'm type-rated on the Dove... ah well enough excuses..

She's waiting at Hurn, no tech snags, fuel in the tanks and life in the battery. Or was, I see she's done four more trips now..

John (walking to 'AM embarrassed ) Redmond

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John,

No problem mate. You did me a favour really.. I couldn't believe how much gas you'd left in her :lol:

Btw.. I fully agree on buying a ticket against flying mate. Select a GA you might like to buy and fly it on one of the routes. Make a note of how much fuel you've used and then look at the cost of a ticket!! A ticket is MUCH cheaper. A good incentive NOT to save up for your own aircraft :wink:

Btw(2).. if you're still in Hurn, there are still 3 Doves there mate so it might be advantageous to take one to Jersey to pick up the 748 and leave it there. At least taking a Dove, you're getting income from 11pax!! :smile: You can do Hurn to Jersey in the Dove using around 74kg mate so unless you aim to keep flying it for a while.. don't fuel her up much more.. say, 120kg :wink: Pointless spending money when you don't need to!!

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!